Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the fence about removing the pillar tape on my silver sky crewmax. So, if I can see pics of some silver sky trucks with the tape removed would be great. Crewmax trucks would be best, but will take any. Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have not done this mod yet but Marky Mark looks great! Since it has warm up I will be doing this mod soon. For one it does not cost anything!!! I love saving money on mods and this is one of them.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
I have not done this mod yet but Marky Mark looks great! Since it has warm up I will be doing this mod soon. For one it does not cost anything!!! I love saving money on mods and this is one of them.
For sure! You could always just use a heat gun/blow dryer to get it off now. One of the best mods that does not cost you a penny that you can do IMO!

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I've done this to three trucks, and none of them had imperfections. You are probably OK, but it is possible. I just don't rock tape on my rides :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think it looks better with the vinyl, nice clean all black window to window, funny thing when I had a Dodge people used to put tape on to make the whole window area look black, they do not come with it.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
About like calling the boxside a quarter panel. It's not pillar tape and that isn't a pillar. It's just called black out tape...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
About like calling the boxside a quarter panel. It's not pillar tape and that isn't a pillar. It's just called black out tape...
What ever you say.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Door pillar - One of the vertical members of the body shell ahead of and behind the doors, which also support the roof structure and reinforce the body as a whole.

Yes maybe not the permanent one, but come on what does your post contribute to this thread? LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
How easy is it to remove the tape? How do you get it started, and does it leaves a sticky residue that you have to remove? I'm thinking I'd like to do this, but I'm a little apprehensive about screwing it up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just start picking it off the inside of the door...then hit it with the heat gun so it starts to loosen.
Once all off, remove any residue with "denatured alcohol" to avoid paint getting jacked up. Paint dept at "Home Repo" or similar locations have them. I usually buy this size and use it all around the home/truck/bug-tar removal etc. Works well without damaging the surface.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Door pillar - One of the vertical members of the body shell ahead of and behind the doors, which also support the roof structure and reinforce the body as a whole.

Yes maybe not the permanent one, but come on what does your post contribute to this thread? LOL
Not to stir it up, because in the end it doesn't matter, but he is correct. I work in a Toyota factory and the name for the "pillar tape" IS blackout moulding.

·
Registered
32 Posts
LOL. I agree it's still the same thing no matter what you call it. I do enjoy little tidbits like that though and hope others do as well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think it looks better with the vinyl, nice clean all black window to window, funny thing when I had a Dodge people used to put tape on to make the whole window area look black, they do not come with it.
HAHA!! I did that to my Dodge when I had it...I was thinking the same exact thing when I read your post!!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts