Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got home and the mirror was sitting outside my front door. It's hot, sticky, and dark lol :mad:. Well I'm stuck.

Following the instructions; First I removed my old mirror, and took out 4 T20 torx screws.

the front of the overhead console is loose, but the back is still pretty stuck to the ceilling (where the rear seat overhead lights are).

The directions say "using a panel removal tool, remove cover from rear of overhead console."

wth cover they talking about? the rear passenger light bulb cover?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yes as stated pop the clear lens off and take out those screws...BUT be careful...if u already have the front loose and hanging that last screw will wind up with the thing fallinng and u can pull wires out or if they come undone u could drop it scratching that super fine durable dash finish we have....

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woohoo! Just finished. Well it was pretty tough doing it in the dark, and I think it would've gone a lot smoother if there was another person holding the long overhead console up (dropped it a couple times ;)) THANK YOU GUYS!
I haven't had a garage opener for 2 years, got so sick of closing the garage and running out and entering through the front door. I was also wondering what these brown spots are on the roof? Also, I heard your suppose to drive in 3 circles to calibrate the compass, but I just drove around the neighborhood and it eventually started working; is it still going to be accurate?

:confused:

DONE DEAL! :tu:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes as stated pop the clear lens off and take out those screws...BUT be careful...if u already have the front loose and hanging that last screw will wind up with the thing fallinng and u can pull wires out or if they come undone u could drop it scratching that super fine durable dash finish we have....
Ahh only if I read this before, sorta just bolted back outside after like 3 min after posting... saying in my head to just pop that lense off, and see what happens, and boy was it pretty easy from there. Funny thing is when i popped the lense off the light on/off button flew out my door, and I was like UHOH:frusty: nothing broke though lol.

The front overhead console didn't really hit or damage anything when it fell cause the overhead console connector was plugged in, sorta just hung there. Anyways I was just using a little LED flashlight so i'll see if there is any dmg to the dash or whatever in the morning. :ts:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
driving around the block got it working just as well as going in circles...so u are good.

as for the brown spots, these trucks (and alot of other ones out there too) do tend to collect condensation inside the metal roof above the headliner, it was discussed a while back, usually an issue in winter....im sure thats what the spots are you have...i wouldnt worry about it...but glad u didnt scratch anything up those consoles are long and kinda cumbersome....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts