Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Need some customized lift thoughts and opinions

3K views 39 replies 7 participants last post by  dogstate 
#1 ·
Hey guys, THIS time I think I'm probably within a week of getting 'er lifted and am debating on which way to go.

As of right now, 43K miles on the truck. Ranch Hand brush guard (112 lbs). Stock suspension is saggin' bout half an inch.

I would love to do a full 3/1 but I dunno if that'll work with the brush guard.

Here are the options:

LRO - I like it over the Truxxx kit. I'm not sure if I like the way it just pushes everything down, but I'd go with this over a Toytec kit or one that preloads the strut.

Bilstein 5100s - ANYBODY know if they can hold the 112lb brush guard without sag? The guy at Bilstein must not have been in today so I can't get a definite answer.

I talked to one of the guys at LRO and he seemed that I should probably go with the Bilsteins but the OME would be the preferable way to get the desired lift - for a long time. Also, I'd be looking at $196+20 shipping for Bilsteins then add another $30 or whatever for the diff front - through LRO, so I'll probably order through them.

Can anybody shed some light on whether or not the Bilsteins will support the 112 lbs without sagging? If it sages 30K miles down the road a half an inch, no biggie. The guy said there was a lifetime warranty on 'em (not sure if sagging would entail a fix).

Also, can someone show some pics of the spring perch on the move?

I hate to start a new thread but I sorted through this information for about 2 hours last night and came to these conclusions, but unfortunately, the 112 lbs is what is keeping me from just doing a spacer lift, as well as the fact that I am already seeing sag.

-rockstate

See less See more
#27 ·
I think your truck looks pretty solid, even with that tire combo. It COULD be bigger, but at what expense?

I'm just going for 2.5", no block in the rear (maybe Ill install that one later on if it comes down to it but the parts are still expensive without it).

I'm paying $150 for labor OTD which isn't bad. $60 for alignment.

I think my 285/65/18s will look a tit bit small, but I will have them only for another 10k miles or so before I need to get bigger tires - at which point, I'll go with the 275/70/18s.

-rockstate

#28 ·
also, if it helps any, from ground to fender lip on my truck, i was at 39 1/2 front and 39 1/4 rear before the rear blocks. so...the 1.5 should have gotten me 1.5 inches right? nope. im sitting at just a hair under 42...but the stance is perfect IMO got some rake to it so i dont look like a california low rider and i can tow the boat w/o sagging the rear etc. hope those measurments helps some....

#29 ·
also, if it helps any, from ground to fender lip on my truck, i was at 39 1/2 front and 39 1/4 rear before the rear blocks. so...the 1.5 should have gotten me 1.5 inches right? nope. im sitting at just a hair under 42...but the stance is perfect IMO got some rake to it so i dont look like a california low rider and i can tow the boat w/o sagging the rear etc. hope those measurments helps some....
That really helps me a lot actually. By your specs, I would still have a slight forward rake (although it might be perceived differently given the angle of the dangle and the lines of hte truck).

No rear block for me.

-rockstate

#31 ·
I will be. $30 on Toytec's website. I might go buy it from one of the off-road shops since they have one in stock for $25, but that might be if I have them install it there haha. I guess I'll go run over there and buy it real fast instead of ordering it online.

-rockstate

#33 ·
Throw me back another day on the delivery.

Here's some interesting info for anybody thinking about this.

Spring rate is 700 lbs per square inch.

613 is the HD coil for the 5.7 with bumper
614 is the HD coil for the 4.7 with bumper (ideal for my application 5.7 and brush guard).
612 is base lift.

The only difference between them is the length of the coil. That is it.

I decided to get the 612s last minute they pulled the package. I saved like $60 by not keeping the 1" block but might have paid a 15% restocking fee, which is like $10.

Oh, and the reason I didn't stay with the 613s is because they would net me 3.5-4" lift and I feel as if that's too much for the ball joints and CVs, as well as the tires I currently have on my truck. I don't want to do taller than a 1" block in the rear, and don't want to do extended shocks either, so the 2.5" OME is good enough for me.

-rockstate

#40 ·
I'm not sure, but I don't think they do it like that.... unfortunately. It would save some on labor cost that's for sure, but certainly not enoguh for me to justify spending so much more on an actual "coilover" like a Fox, King, Icon ,etc.

-rockstate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.