Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my lift on for a few months it looks as though my CV boots are slinging grease everywhere. I read a few threads on here about it and Downey Off road was the consensus place to go. They're out of business now so does anyone have another place I can contact about getting some 930 boots?

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Did you redo the CV clamp? The stock ones are not tight enough for a lift. If the boots are not torn; go to Lowes and get 2 4-inch hose clamps. Cut off the stock clamp (it's usually the large, inner clamp the leaks) and replace it with the hose clamp....should stop the grease slinging....

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Do what Jim stated. Cheap mod and easy fix. Side note, the 930's have been known to split as well. I had 2.5" of lift with no diff drop and stock boots for about 2.5" years and wheelin' it with no issues. Other than, replacing the clamps.

After replacing the clamps, get the diff drop. It's another cheap mod that adds additional assurance from a leakng/splitting CV boot.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I put the 4" hose clamps on over the existing stock clamps and it solved my problem.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Great info. Going to the hardware store tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts