Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been in missoula, mt for about 2 years now. coming from colorado springs i am used to going out and finding some good day trip trail rides. i am looking for any place around missoula to do some trails. i do not need anything to hard but i do like a little chalenge. can you please help me.

:confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Make a run for the border man.

There is all kinds of trails for you too try just north of Kalispell in Canada. I am sure that there is lots around Missoula as well.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
Man thats a heck of a question, there are so many places to explore around Missoula. Just which one is tough.
When I am up in July I am hoping to do do the 38 road from Hamilton into Georgetown lake. Last year explored around Georgetown lake up into Storm Lake. The high alpine lakes are so amazing crystal clear and nobody there.
So yes you can drop south to Hamilton over the 38 into Georgetown lake and up hwy 1 to I-90 back into Missoula.
Just South of town is a road called Miller creek road and it heads out east and ties into Scwartz rd. back into I 90
So prep your truck take a buddy gather all the topo maps gps unit the montana atlas and Gazetter and have a blast.

:confused:[/quote]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have been on skalkaho quite abit but there is very little challenge to it i have been on the side roads all around that area i hunt up there. it just seems like it is all just dirt roads no technical skill at all and that is what i am looking for. another good spot for high country lakes is twin lakes in between hamilton and darby up lost horse creek the top lakes have the big fish. if you have a map there are a couple other roads up there that will take you to the hot springs way up high but i heard the road washed out. then theres burnt fork lake above stevensville. it is a 1 or 2 mile hike back to the lake. good fishing though.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
I agree there is so many high alpine lakes with great fish, just not enough time to explore em all.
The Skalkaho area looks great on the maps with the game preserve and that up there.
Our property is about 10 miles as the crow flies from Miller Lake and just above Mill Creek so many lakes and trails in the area makes your head spin. :)

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
I had to drag out the Atlas and look that one up.

Welcome Aboard by the way!

West side is in the Welcome Creek Wilderness South of I-90.
3 more weeks and we will be up for most of July see how the weather holds out. So much country to explore.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if your ever on the other side of the pass, ill take you up rimini, theres some awesome lakes and fishing holes up there. Also plenty of wildlife and an awesome ride...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts