Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a good bit of damage to my car tonight.
I decided to upgrade the lights on my '08 to LED. The headlight trim panel was a beast. I took the inner clips off the trim piece... shattered all 4 of them, one of them landed in the engine compartment. Needless to say, I need some replacements for the inner clips.
I also used a trim tool to pull off the outer clips, taking care not to disrupt the washer fluid sprayers in the trim piece... well, that all failed. Not only did I break all of the clips off the outer pieces, I broke the wiper fluid sprayer off one of them.

There is good news, I upgraded my lights! They look great!

Oh, and worse... I cracked the trim panel on the driver side....

So, here is the damage

1. Need 2 clips for driver side, 2 clips for passenger side inner headlight trim piece
2 and 3?. Outer clips (4) are destroyed on the trim piece as well... also, there might be a plastic piece that those outer pieces fit into that I messed up.
4. The driver side headlight trim, need a black replacement (optional)

Outer plastic piece that the clips go into

another view

Inner clips i destroyed

Another view of the inner clips

Thanks all!
PS. I have the maintenance manual and I can't find the darn thing. Continuing to look.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
The clips are easy enough to get at the dealer. How did you damage them, putting them in or taking them out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The clips are easy enough to get at the dealer. How did you damage them, putting them in or taking them out?
Taking them out. They pretty much crumbled with very little pressure. 12 year old car, i can't expect much from the plastic.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Look like they were broken during install. Not saying you did it, thats just what they look like to me. I work at Toyota and I've broken more than my fair share of those. LOL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were definitely broken by me when I pulled them out. I just need to find the right ones to replace them. Do you know which ones I can order? My toyota dealer is pretty far so I'm hoping just to have it shipped here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I broke mine too.

53935-0C010. - $3.25 ea. Need qty 2

Extension Panel Guard. Protector. Support, End PANE. (Front)

I don’t have the p/n for the other clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I took out my headlights on a 2007 Tundra to take off all the oxidation on them and make them clear again. Watching videos on how to remove them looked so easy. I did what they did and broke the outer clips. I didn't want to wait for new clips or drive around without those body parts so I glued velcro strips I had and attached them with velcro on the outer portions. Worked great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts