Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum here, but have a 2005 Tundra (double cab) and strangley enough had my drivers side window shattered one afternoon when I came to drive it to town. I proceeded to go ahead and knock the glass out and prepared to call in to have it replaced. That part has been taken care of but the kicker was after I knocked the glass out of the door would no longer shut. I was under the initial impression there was a small piece of glass wedged down there or soemthing so I had all the glass removed when the gentleman came to replace the window it but the door still would not catch when it shuts. I have taken the panel back off and I can see that the door arm and the power unit still functions correctly but there seems to be a spring or something that keeps the shutting/locking mechanism to "click" on the door hinge that just isn't there or functioning correctly. If any of you have had similar troubles or have a step by step to correcting this problem, please share. I am under the impression I may also need parts but I guess I may need to look into what exactly is missing or not working properly first to find out. Thanks for any help or input.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts