Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be upgrading the system in my 07 tundra, i was thinking of running 4 alpine type R door speakers, an alpine pbx550X4 amp, 3 jl 10w'3 ( or try to get 10w6's in ) and an alpine pbx1000X1. ive always loved having kinda underground system setup, and am kinda hesitant about throwing mainstream components and what not in my system, you guys have some recomendations (sp?) and specs for me to ponder tonight and tomorrow before i shop. :ts:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Check out Rainbow German Car Audio for components, they are the big to do at car audio forums right now, I think you can get the SLC's for like $225 and they go up from there. I am not a real big fan of JL. Yes, they make a good product but for the money I think you can find something better. Check out Fi Car Audio, TC Sounds, Adire Audio, Elemental Designs, Ascendant Audio, Resonant Engineering, Image Dynamics plus more. Especially if you are willing to spend a few hundred per sub (like the 10w6) you can get something that can handle a ton of power and really bang. You should go to car audio forums and ask, give them you budget and you goals and they should hook you up. Good Luck.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have the Alpine Type R speakers in my 2000 Tundra and they sound GREAT. Just check that you have the depth to put them in. In the 2000 the speakers are to deep and hit the window frame causing them to not mount flush.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya space is REAL limited with the 07 double cab. they made the stupid seats so close to the back wall, and when you fold the bottoms of them up, they get even closer to the back wall. good design if you only wanna store small stuff in the back seat area :td:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts