Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to replace the rotors, pads and maybe the calipers on my 2002 Tacoma S-Runner (4x2). Since I don't have a manual I need to know what the torques specs are for the bolts that hold the rotor and caliper. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I'm going to replace the rotors, pads and maybe the calipers on my 2002 Tacoma S-Runner (4x2). Since I don't have a manual I need to know what the torques specs are for the bolts that hold the rotor and caliper. Any help will be appreciated.
when ya take bolts out check torque values as ya remove them? possibly could get the correct values by seeing where they break at, just try tighetning them to start and start with low torque and work your way up like 5ft lbs at a time? maybe someone will find info before ya tear into it!!:) Just go to Pep-Boys and borrow a manual on their shelf for about 5 minutes! You being a subscriber shouldhave access to this info? what gives?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I believe if you search the knowledge database you might find the torque values. That's how I found all the torque specs for my front suspension when I installed my Donahoe's. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when ya take bolts out check torque values as ya remove them? possibly could get the correct values by seeing where they break at, just try tighetning them to start and start with low torque and work your way up like 5ft lbs at a time? maybe someone will find info before ya tear into it!!:) Just go to Pep-Boys and borrow a manual on their shelf for about 5 minutes! You being a subscriber shouldhave access to this info? what gives?
I've been at another parts store and checked the aftermarket manuals. They don't have one for my year yet and it just isn't printed yet. Since there are 5 bolts that hold the lug bolt plate and the rotor on I want to make sure I have the torque valves to avoid causing any chance of warping the new ATE slotted performance rotors.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe if you search the knowledge database you might find the torque values. That's how I found all the torque specs for my front suspension when I installed my Donahoe's. :cool:
I looked but haven't found anything. last time I looked the Toyota manual would cost me as much as the entire brake job.

·
Registered
34 Posts

In the Haynes Repair Manual says:

Caliper pins/bolts Tacoma 2WD 65 Ft-lbs

Caliper Torque plate bolts (2WD) 80 Ft-lbs

wheel cylinder mounting bolts 84 in-lbs (note this is inches - pounds)

Wheel lug nuts 83 Ft-lbs

I hope this helps....

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
surprised Knowledge Base did not have this type of info?? I knew it would not be long before someone come up with the info!! Good Job pug407 !! I would have just used my TW and checked the torques until they broke but, it is allways best to use manual and hope there were no TYPOS!! which ya can get in any manual?? If the parts were never removed ya probably would have gotten close to the posters values i bet but not a whole lot!!:tu:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts