Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend one? Specifically I need help with our Toyota Previa. The check engine light is on, and I have already replaced the EGR Valve, Vaccumm Modulator, O2 sensors and spark plugs. The throttle body was also cleaned out too. I took it to the dealer out in CA before I left for TX and they said it's the vaccumm switch. Anyways any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Originally posted by SATundra in another thread...

i have had great experiences with Alamo Toyota here in SA. Alamo is the sister dealership to Tejas Toyota (owned by the same people). For the life of me I cant remember my service writers name right now.
I knew I would remember his name; GORDON service writer at Alamo Toyota. :tu:

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Leo said:
Thanks...I will bring our Previa to him.
Make sure you tell him you are with TundraSolutions. Gordon Blocker at Alamo Toyota (210) 657-1600 has always treated me right.

This reminds me I need to take my truck in to get another O2 sensor replaced.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SATundra said:
Make sure you tell him you are with TundraSolutions. Gordon Blocker at Alamo Toyota (210) 657-1600 has always treated me right.

This reminds me I need to take my truck in to get another O2 sensor replaced.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Gordon at Alamo Toyota

Well the Tundra didn't start this morning.:cry: No symptoms, cranked over just wouldn't start. I suspect its the fuel pump as I did not hear the usual humming noise from the fuel pump. I checked the underhood fuse for the EFI pump but it was good.

Gave Gordon at Alamo Toyota (657-1600) a call, hes gonna fix me up. Going to replace my bad O2 sensor, cracked manifolds and whatever is wrong with it today. Now at 82,000 miles, im glad I took out that Platnium warranty. It has about paid for itself even before today. At least she will be good as new when I pick her up.;)

The tow truck driver said he had picked up 3 Tundras in the last 3 days for a no start condition, must be something with the weather.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
SATundra said:
Well the Tundra didn't start this morning.:cry: No symptoms, cranked over just wouldn't start. I suspect its the fuel pump as I did not hear the usual humming noise from the fuel pump.
Sure enough it was the fuel pump. They are replacing my exhaust manifolds, O2 sensors and fuel pump under warranty. All it will cost me is the deductable.

I opted to go ahead and let them fix the front brakes as they have been vibrating for a while now. Hopefully she will be as good as new when I pick her up tomorrow.:tu:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone in San Antonio looking for great service try the Dealers Alternative at 4230 Mccullough Ave. in the Olmos Park area. They are right on that roundabout on Mccullough. Tony and a couple of techs from Lexus in SA broke out and started their own business. Originally called the Lexus Doc, Lexus shut that down quickly. They recently started servicing late model Toyotas. I've been taking my wifes Lexus there for years and now take the Tundra. Great group of guys and they will treat you right.

rs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealer Alternative was a fantastic shop that specialized in Toyotas but recently was closed down by its owner. Does anyone recommend another good repair shop in San Antonio or Austin to take my Tundra to? Im going to really miss Dealter Alternative they did fare work at a fare price and treated you right. Plus it made me feel better that they had a bunch of Toyota certified mechanics working for them. Where am i going to go now?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts