Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Negotiating price on new Tundra

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jon1996 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Thinking of replacing my 01 Tundra with a new 4x4 5.7L, Ext Cab, tow package, etc. Question: How much do you think I can negotiate off the list price? Give me a % if you have any ideas.
Thanks,
David

#2 ·
Check Edmunds, New Cars, Used Cars, Car Reviews and Pricing - Edmunds.com for invoice pricing with the options on the truck you want and you should be able to get invoice to $500 over invoice and then any rebates or special financing off of that.
The more options and higher the price the higher the percentage you should be able to get off, there is a lot more profit in a limited than a grade.

#3 ·
My .02. Forget the sticker.

Go to Consumer Reports and use the new car price service. Build the price for the model and options you are considering. After you have your price, negotiate from there. I suppose Edmunds is a good source as well.

Repeat, forget the sticker.

#4 ·
two weeks ago i purchased a limited crewmax 4x4 with a sticker of 48.5k told them i wanted the 0% obviously and then began to battle lol.. i ended up getting the truck for 40k with the 0% with a small down payment. i went to the dealer with a monthly payment in mind knowing i would get approved for the 0% and kept telling them where i wanted to be per month. they will try to tell you that if you take 0% then they cant move off the sticker, but they are lying. 8.5k off my sticker was proof of that.

#5 ·
When I bought my 08 I called 10 dealers in the tristate area and told them how much I wanted to give, Which was $30,000 on the road TTL, I only had one that would accept it, I went with the cash, My truck stickered for $37,000 I got it for 30,000 On the road then when we were doing the paperwork I threw the $2000 rebate on them from where toyota bought my tacoma, which made it $28,000 on the road which I though was a good deal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.