Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have Neoprene seat covers in their truck. i've heard some look a little tacky, but they also keep your seat looking brand new for years instead of the normal wear and tear.

also if you guys have any idea of where to get them for a good price i would appreciate it. i found just the front seats and those were $250 on JCWhitney.com.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Toyota Seat Covers

This is a link for the wet okale seat covers. Sorry I don't have any experience with them but I have seen a lot of users on this sight that have them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the link. they're pretty much the same price. i'm starting to get the idea that all of them are going to be around that price range.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had wet okle's in my jeep cj, they wore ok but i dont feel i used the jeep enough to really see how well they wear.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I have Wet O's and love them. Ive only had them for about 4 mos now so the wear issue is to be determined. I love the feel of them though!!! They look AWSOME !!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have Wet O's and love them. Ive only had them for about 4 mos now so the wear issue is to be determined. I love the feel of them though!!! They look AWSOME !!!
any pictures?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have a question for you guys with neoprene covers (e.g., Wet Okole). For active use, like dirt, kids, etc, is the neoprene worth the extra $$? A cheap set of covers (e.g., cotton/canvas/poly) may be relatively ugly and loose-fitting, but they're disposable, and most can be washed in a machine. For a truck that's being used, does the neoprene hold up well enough to justify their cost? Last I checked, I can just about buy a set of leather replacement skins for not much more than the price of Wet Okole covers.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
rGSXR750j: I dont have any pics yet, ive been slacking but if you look at Roxy's photo album, we have the same ones.

music: I have a 120 lb Rottie ( he qualifies as MY child ) and the seat covers are doing well. No punctures and they wipe clean with a wet rag. They can also be machine washed but man, they are a pain to put on so....they stay on until they come off permanantly!!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
music: I have a 120 lb Rottie ( he qualifies as MY child ) and the seat covers are doing well. No punctures and they wipe clean with a wet rag. They can also be machine washed but man, they are a pain to put on so....they stay on until they come off permanantly!!!
Good feedback to have. Thanks! I've been seriously considering a set, but I've been hesitant to spend that much on a set of covers unless I'm certain they'll last and take a good beating. A Rottweiler certainly qualifies for the gorilla test! So, claws don't tear them?

·
awpooponya
5,700 Posts
Love em! Check my album and I have pics in there like Rudy said:tu:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice pics! It looks like you could probably just take your truck out on the dunes instead of using a buggy! I really like the seat covers too. Did you have to get the TRD logo embroidered on yourself or did you special order it through them?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also did you guys go with the standard ones or full piping, etc.....?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
We've had some 50 days of 100+ temps here in SoTex and my BUTT thanks me for those W/O's. The steering wheel is too hot to hold onto (even with shades in the windshield) but my butt is comfortable. They arent HOT IMO they are a buttsaver!!! No music, he hasnt torn them or even scuffed them. He got em muddy a bit, but the cleaned right up. I got the two tone black and gray for the Tundra and the all gray w/black piping for the seqoia. I love them.

·
awpooponya
5,700 Posts
They arent hot to me at all! I love em with my dog and the water and sand she drags into the tuck. They truely have saved my seats from things like 20 oz of coffee and a route 44 cranberry limeade being dumped all over lol. I ordered them with the logo, and I went with standard because I was afraid the piping wouldnt line up correctly.:tu:

·
Registered
152 Posts
When I talked with Marathon Seat Covers, they said they can be made to work with the air bags. Maybe just blowing smoke to try and make a sale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had Cover King neoprenes in my Super Duty. I got them on Costco.com for about $300 for front and back seats in an F-250 crew cab. They looked great and held up to the wear and tear very well. The only complaint I had is that the red panels in them seemed to sun bleach a bit. When I pulled them off 2 1/2 years later, the seats underneath were still brand new. I have to disagree with a couple of the other posts though and say that mine were anything but cool. If you've ever worn a pair of neoprene waders, you'll know exactly what I mean. Half the time I pulled my waders off, I couldn't tell if they had leaked or if I was just drenched in my own sweat!

·
awpooponya
5,700 Posts
if your tundra has air bags in the seat you cant use seat covers. just a note

Wet Okoles can be ordered specifically for seats with air bags.:tu:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts