Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been a Toyota guy and have a 03 Sequoia, 01 LS430, and a 95 turbo Supra.

I had purchased a 06 5.4 XLT F150 in December 05 for our shop truck. It was nice but its time has come, I got $17,500 for a trade-in value on a 07 white 5.7 Limited DC NAV ect, sticker was $39k got it for $38k, not bad...

The F-150 felt like a toy compared to this Tundra, even parked next to it after the test drive and side by side it made the F-150 look miniscule.

My daily-d is the LS430 but I have been driving the Tundra all the time!

Greetings
Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, not one reply...

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Wow, not one reply...
Sorry, thanks for coming over from the dark side Luke. Good choice.

Oh, and we like to look at pictures, so if you have any of your new tundra....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wow, not one reply...

Meant to reply but it stood alone so very nicely!

Supra Pilot, your tradein, how many miles on the F150?, seems a lil' low to me for a 2 yr old vehicle and for 38k? guessing 2WD? If 4X4 you got a helluva deal, otherwise a good deal, congrats

A white DC LTD with NAV, that's a cool sorta working color on the outside and bang up bling on the inside. Congrats again and get some pics out. (don't baby her on break-in! Punch all six gears!) :tu:

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have always been a Toyota guy and have a 03 Sequoia, 01 LS430, and a 95 turbo Supra.

I had purchased a 06 5.4 XLT F150 in December 05 for our shop truck. It was nice but its time has come, I got $17,500 for a trade-in value on a 07 white 5.7 Limited DC NAV ect, sticker was $39k got it for $38k, not bad...

The F-150 felt like a toy compared to this Tundra, even parked next to it after the test drive and side by side it made the F-150 look miniscule.

My daily-d is the LS430 but I have been driving the Tundra all the time!

Greetings
Mike
You should have sold the Ford privatly, cruise ships are buying the frames for anchors, and paying top dollar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i do not have pics of the tundra yet, but you can check this link for the supra and ls, scroll all the way to the bottom...

RunRyder IS Pilot's gallery

As for the F-150 it had 6k miles I paid $25k out the door including the $9k off. It had a couple dings from a canopy blowing over (heli flyby) and some tail gate dings.

The Tundra is a 2 wheel drive, what is the suggested break-in procedure for the 5.7?

Mike

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
You should have sold the Ford privatly, cruise ships are buying the frames for anchors, and paying top dollar.
Hahahaha.....amazing :D

Oh Ford, you have betrayed your own proud heritage :(

·
Registered
389 Posts
i do not have pics of the tundra yet, but you can check this link for the supra and ls, scroll all the way to the bottom...

RunRyder IS Pilot's gallery

As for the F-150 it had 6k miles I paid $25k ...
Mike
Nice, really nice curves on this vehicle:

CLICK PHOTO TO CLOSE - Adjust Screen Bottom With myHome Edit Options

The most critical break-in period for engines is the first 20 miles, got mine with 26 miles on it :cry: so ignore your manual with 1950's advise and chk this out:

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

I've used this advise on the last 3 vehicles and it works like a charm and all my petro heads agree...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I have always beat the gas pedal up not matter new or old!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts