Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I drove all the way to South Carolina (from Ohio) to pick her up yesterday.....and, she is now sitting in my driveway. Her specs are:
07' Limited DC 5.7 4X4, Black/redrock, Navi w/backup camera, front/rear sonar, mudguards, cold kit, DRL, door sill protectors, carpet mats, 20" CARVED wheels, 285/55/20 BFG AT/KO's, TRD dual exhaust, XM Radio, Remote Start, Line-X bedliner, and smiles from cheek to cheek.
Sticker price: $44,212.58
Paid: $750 over invoice
Financed: Only $15K after equity in trade
Being extremely happy: PRICELESS

Funny story...on the 7 hour drive home, I got a speeding ticket (my first in a LONG time) as I was talking on the phone and didnt even realize I was going 84 in a 65 zone. Man, the interior is VERY quiet and the power is so smooth that you feel like your floating going 85. So, word from the wise...:eek: be careful!!

Overall impressions: Not a single rattle from anywhere...seems VERY solid. Doors shut with ease and interior is "Ford" like in quietness. Tranny is flawless and power is readily available. I looked the vehicle over very carefully and didnt see one paint flaw or crappy build quality (and I am very anal). The 20" Carved wheels w/ BFG AT/KO tires are wonderful...I have received MANY compliments on the wheel/tire combo and highly recommend it. My dealer installed them and got me $500 credit trading in the 18" wheels that came on my limited stock. The 20" carved wheels gives the truck a more aggressive stance and are sportier than the other 20" limited edition wheel. The redrock interior/black exterior is a must for anyone who is a black truck enthusiast. My sport shifter, all weather mats, and tint are my next immediate mods. Donahoes and CAI are in the near future.

Conclusion: I have owned many vehicles over my life including recently a 06' Dodge Ram, and 07' Caddy Escalade to name a couple. The Tundra IMHO blows them out of the water. The fit/finish is better, its quieter, more powerful (Caddy is close), and more fun to drive. On my drive home yesterday, I thought I was driving an exotic automobile seeing as how many looks and thumbs up I received by passing drivers. This truck demands attention and I am very proud to say that I am now an 07' Tundra owner.
Its raining today, so I will post pics asap.

Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congratulations. If I may ask, why did you have to travel from Ohio and how does one access true invoice pricing? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Wow, congrats. Ill be making a similar trek next Sunday/Monday.

How do you like the console shifter? Did you try out the sport shift mode?

Look forward to the pics!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations. If I may ask, why did you have to travel from Ohio and how does one access true invoice pricing? Thanks.
The southeast Toyota dealers allow a customer to choose a vehicle that they want (that isnt even in their inventory yet) and make changes to it at the port. You can locate the exact vehicle you want, before it makes it to the dealership, and practically customize it to your exact specifications. Its almost like ordering one without the 2-3 month wait. Example, I knew 4 weeks ago that my dealer was getting my truck on 3-13. And, I wanted XM radio, remote starter, trd exhaust (to name a few). So, my salesman can go in the system and deduct any options you DONT want and add options you DO WANT. True invoice pricing can be found by simply asking the salesman (sometimes) or using the rule of thumb that invoice price is 3% below sticker (I believe). Bottom line, I didnt mind to drive that far to get what I wanted. I am very happy...other than the speeding ticket:cry:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, congrats. Ill be making a similar trek next Sunday/Monday.

How do you like the console shifter? Did you try out the sport shift mode?

Look forward to the pics!
I love the console shifter....love it! IMHO, its easier to use than a column shifter and feels sportier/more fun to drive. And, no I havent had time to try the sport shift mode yet. I was to busy speeding and getting tickets yesterday...LOL. But, I will use the shift mode soon just to see how it works.
Pics should be up very soon...get the 20" Carved wheels...they look awesome and are very rare.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That truck is pretty much what I want, but I need a long bed. I'm hoping they will produce that coded model before May '08, by which time I'll be replacing my '06 Silverado. If not, I'll have to look hard at the '08 Titan with its 7 and 8 foot bed extended cab LEs. What dealers in that region do buyers from out of state tend to prefer (I'm in Ohio also)? Thanks for the info everybody...

·
Registered
595 Posts
True invoice pricing can be found by simply asking the salesman (sometimes) or using the rule of thumb that invoice price is 3% below sticker (I believe).
Paul

Lets put your 3% guess to the test. I find it hard to believe that the margin is that shallow on a $44K vehicle.

44,212.58 x .97 = 42,886.20
42,886.20 + 750 = 43,636.20

Is that about what you paid prior to any add-ons, TTL, DOC fees, ect?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paul

Lets put your 3% guess to the test. I find it hard to believe that the margin is that shallow on a $44K vehicle.

44,212.58 x .97 = 42,886.20
42,886.20 + 750 = 43,636.20

Is that about what you paid prior to any add-ons, TTL, DOC fees, ect?
No, actually I paid $41,500 (which includes the $750 over) before all the other fees. So, I guess I was wrong...LOL.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is your opinion on the JBL stereo that comes with the Navi unit?
Personally, I like it. Its more than enough for me as I am in my mid 30's and dont listen to the music real loud anymore. I will say that when I have my XM Sat Radio on, its alot better than FM stations. The XM channels sound like a CD is playing and is very clear and louder. Overall, I am satisfied. I really like the Navi!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Personally, I like it. Its more than enough for me as I am in my mid 30's and dont listen to the music real loud anymore. I will say that when I have my XM Sat Radio on, its alot better than FM stations. The XM channels sound like a CD is playing and is very clear and louder. Overall, I am satisfied. I really like the Navi!
Still waiting on them pics!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congratulations! You went shopping in my neck of the woods. I also can't wait to see the pics of your ride with the carved wheels. I've seen the BBS wheels on several Tundras here in Columbia, SC and they look great. Check out Dick Dyer Toyota's website. They show the selling price and MSRP for their inventory. Selling price is around 92 to 93% of MSRP. Normal markup over invoice is around 10% and not the 3% you mentioned (see Edmunds website). But in the Southeast, dealers also pay a $600+ fee to the SE dealer network. I'm working a deal now about $600 over invoice and trying to get accessories at dealer cost.

How much were the carved wheels and what brand/type tires did you get?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

First off, congrats on the truck Paul.

I think the JBL sounds ok. It sounds alot cleaner when my iPod is in. The raido sounds decent. Havent played a cd yet cause I only carry the iPod. My last truck I had put in a 200w amp with Boston Acoustic speakers and a small 6" sub and the clarity was out of this world. I was hoping the JBL would be close but I was a little disappointed. I saw Crutchfield sells a product by Rockford Fosgate that allows you to keep your factory head unit but add new amps and subs and XM/Sirius. Man, I need to get the SAT going, listening to regular radio is brutal.

Congrtas again. Were happy for ya.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much were the carved wheels and what brand/type tires did you get?[/QUOTE]

They were $315 each and I bought new tire sensors for them. My tires were around $330 a piece (BFG AT/KO 285/55/20). I got $500 credit as another customer wanted my 18" wheels/tires that came with my truck. They look great and I personally think they are the best wheel for the Tundra. I will post pics very soon.

·
Registered
435 Posts
The southeast Toyota dealers allow a customer to choose a vehicle that they want (that isnt even in their inventory yet) and make changes to it at the port. You can locate the exact vehicle you want, before it makes it to the dealership, and practically customize it to your exact specifications. Its almost like ordering one without the 2-3 month wait. Example, I knew 4 weeks ago that my dealer was getting my truck on 3-13. And, I wanted XM radio, remote starter, trd exhaust (to name a few). So, my salesman can go in the system and deduct any options you DONT want and add options you DO WANT. True invoice pricing can be found by simply asking the salesman (sometimes) or using the rule of thumb that invoice price is 3% below sticker (I believe). Bottom line, I didnt mind to drive that far to get what I wanted. I am very happy...other than the speeding ticket:cry:
3% ???? No, no, no. It's actually around 10%. That is the general rule of thumb for figuring invoice. The actual percentage could be 9% or even 11% but if you figure 10% of MSRP and deduct that from the MSRP amount, that should be pretty close to invoice.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
3% ???? No, no, no. It's actually around 10%. That is the general rule of thumb for figuring invoice. The actual percentage could be 9% or even 11% but if you figure 10% of MSRP and deduct that from the MSRP amount, that should be pretty close to invoice.
Your absolutely right! I dont know what I was thinking....10% sounds alot better:D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Alright, Im beginning to get testy...we were promised pics...and im still not seeing them... :confused: :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright, Im beginning to get testy...we were promised pics...and im still not seeing them... :confused: :)
LOL, funny you say that....unfortunately, ever since I drove home 2 days ago, its been raining cats and dogs. And, finally a few hours ago, the rain stopped. So, I may spray it off for now and take some pics. Of course, it wont be detailed, but clean enough to give you an idea. So, hopefully some pics will be up before tonight. Did I mention I love my truck:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts