Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Why the big hush?

Is spring the excpected arrival of the redesigned 05 Tacoma? We knew about the 4 runner & the DC tundra a few months in advance, why not the Tacoma? That is assuming spring is the "due date".

·
Registered
18 Posts
2005 Toyota Tacoma

I just wish that Toyota would stop leaving us all in the dark about when the new Tacoma will come out. I have hear that March 2004 was a target date now I hear next Sept 2004 will be the date.... I am looking to move up to a new one but also looking at the double cabTundra's which are hot trucks but the price is way out of line!! $32,000 to $39,300.00 is really steep to think that you buy it and not even get a investment on it. So this is why I think I am going to hold out for the new 2005 Toyota Tacoma unless some car dealer really wants to make a deal of a life time on the new Tundra!! I have a 1995 Toyota Tacoma that is really a great TRUCK!! It just keeps running and is a work horse. I had the rear leaf springs redone and the rear does not move it is really tight, new half brass and reg clutch new timimg belt!! All in the 8 years I have had this truck not bad at all. Oh well lets see what Toyota does next. I hope some to Exe from there reads these posts to see that we are all waiting on them!! They do built a great vechile!! :ts:

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new taco

The Toyota Man #1 said:
I just wish that Toyota would stop leaving us all in the dark about when the new Tacoma will come out. I have hear that March 2004 was a target date now I hear next Sept 2004 will be the date.... I am looking to move up to a new one but also looking at the double cabTundra's which are hot trucks but the price is way out of line!! $32,000 to $39,300.00 is really steep to think that you buy it and not even get a investment on it. So this is why I think I am going to hold out for the new 2005 Toyota Tacoma unless some car dealer really wants to make a deal of a life time on the new Tundra!! I have a 1995 Toyota Tacoma that is really a great TRUCK!! It just keeps running and is a work horse. I had the rear leaf springs redone and the rear does not move it is really tight, new half brass and reg clutch new timimg belt!! All in the 8 years I have had this truck not bad at all. Oh well lets see what Toyota does next. I hope some to Exe from there reads these posts to see that we are all waiting on them!! They do built a great vechile!! :ts:

lets just hope the new taco is nothing like that of tundra and has a better setup on brake's...tundra is a joke in the brake deptment but taco has a nicer 4wd setup vs the tundra and will allways be better in that deptment...

·
Registered
273 Posts
You can take a Taco just about anywhere. I would assume that the 05 is gonna be similiar to the redesigned 4-runner. Toyota we want to know whats up w/ the 05 Tacoma...give us a bone :D

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Is there any new news on this? Toyota tends to do a good job of keeping new products on the down low until the official release. I wonder if the 4.7 V8 will make it into the Taco. If they use the new 4.0 V6 that will still be pretty potent.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Everything I have heard is that the 4.0 V6 in the 4runner will be the new Taco's optional powerful engine and I believe a 4 cylinder will be the base engine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Agent WD-40 said:
Is there any new news on this? Toyota tends to do a good job of keeping new products on the down low until the official release. I wonder if the 4.7 V8 will make it into the Taco. If they use the new 4.0 V6 that will still be pretty potent.
I doubt it, a V8 would cut into Tundra sales.

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i would

tiger said:
How many of you guys would go for the V8 4.7L tacoma vs. 5.3L tundra?

the reason why i didnt get a tacoma in the first place was a lack of power and those cheap seat's were paper thin...If toyota raised the bar a little bit by having a v8 and those changes i might review getting one..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sounds good to me! The taco I drove had good acceleration and decent power. A stronger V6 would be a step in the right direction but a 4.7L V8 now that I would love to drive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
V8 vs V6?

If Toyota were to put the 4.0 L 245 hp(depending on state I guess) V6 into the tacoma, they better push a new V8 for the Tundra soon. I realize the V6 doesn't have quite the same towing capacity, but it sounds like a lot of us don't use the full 7200 Lbs of towing capacity anyway. If I remeber the 4 Runner correctly it was 235 for the V8(with a 5spd t auto) and 245 with the V6. I think they would prove once and for all that maybe they have underpowered the Tundra. No difference to me though, I plan on driving my " 'classic' first year of production Tundra for 15 or 20 yrs(depending on gas prices:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
wow...didnt know that....i plan on getting an 04 tacoma with the v6, should i hold out til the 05 comes around? i mean...its only a couple of months. thats why i decided to join this forum, to knowledge myself before buying :)

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
It looks like the new Tacoma will have 3 bed sizes. 2 long beds and a short bed. Read page 13 of this article. They also say the inner bed will be composite. This will save weight, production costs and time, and prevent dents and rust from forming on the inside of the bed. Not bad Toyota!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Agent WD-40 said:
It looks like the new Tacoma will have 3 bed sizes. 2 long beds and a short bed. Read page 13 of this article. They also say the inner bed will be composite. This will save weight, production costs and time, and prevent dents and rust from forming on the inside of the bed. Not bad Toyota!
I had a Tacoma and the rear end was so light that it slid around all the time when it was wet. Does it need a lighter rear end? The old Tacoma had three bed sizes: short, long, and long with a stepside.

WD-40 - Watch your Toyota Tuck in Davis. I live there and that is where my Tacoma got stolen from. 3 months later is was found in yuba city without an engine and completely burned.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts