Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Agent WD-40 said:
I wonder if the 4.7 V8 will make it into the Taco. If they use the new 4.0 V6 that will still be pretty potent.
I read in the lastest edition of "Truck Trend" that the new 3.3 liter V6 that is used in the Lexus330 and Camry will be in the next generation Tacoma.

The cover of the "Truck Trend" issue has a 3500HD (fake) Silverado. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
pagemaster said:
I read in the lastest edition of "Truck Trend" that the new 3.3 liter V6 that is used in the Lexus330 and Camry will be in the next generation Tacoma.

The cover of the "Truck Trend" issue has a 3500HD (fake) Silverado. Hope this helps.
I doubt they'll use the 3.3L. A truck with a camry motor, nah.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
ricqik said:
I doubt they'll use the 3.3L. A truck with a camry motor, nah.
Why not. It is not like people who are going to use it are going to tow large boats and stuff. As a small personal use truck. It would be great.

The truck will look like the 4runner that is out now.

·
mandzach
1,263 Posts
hope they dont

TUNDRAV8GEORGIA said:
the reason why i didnt get a tacoma in the first place was a lack of power and those cheap seat's were paper thin...If toyota raised the bar a little bit by having a v8 and those changes i might review getting one..
if they put a v8 in a taco ill be pissed - only reason i bought my 03 4x4 tundra was so i could say that i own the fastest 4x4 pickup in town :p so that taco with a v8 would cause me to yank my s/c of my tundra and drop it on my new taco :devil:

·
Registered
96 Posts
pagemaster said:
Why not. It is not like people who are going to use it are going to tow large boats and stuff. As a small personal use truck. It would be great.

The truck will look like the 4runner that is out now.
They are talking about a hybrid gas/elec motor down the road for the 3.3.

I saw the spy pic in JD powers mag of the dbl cab taco 4x4....It looks pretty good and it looks like it will be a bit bigger.....If it has the V8 I would order one without even seeing it finished.....does look like it is sitting kinda low though, but I hope it at least it has a lever and a locker.

·
Registered
237 Posts
mmmmmmmmmm v8 tacoma.... if they do that they better come out with a single cab tundra that has a SHORT (mabey deeper) bed and mabey a bigger engine too.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts