Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put the same type of kit on my '04 and '05 titans and really changed the look. I think it will make the Tundra look sweet!
The kit I bought was from PRG Products PRG Products.com
I have sent Greg an E-Mial to see if he will be making a kit for the Tundra.
His Kit comes with a new Rubber bumper for the A-Arm.
I will post when I hear something.
Word of caution, you will want to put on the type of kit that mounts on top of the strut and NOT between the spring and the top of the strut. That type changes your spring rate and the mount on top (like the one posted) will not.
Remember, alignment afterwards is a must.

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Can't comment on the 2007 Tundra application, but on the previous Tundras:

1) I have a 1" Daystar spacer. Forget the type of material(some type of poly), but it's NOT metal. Still, it won't compress over time. I have heard only 1 person say such a thing, and I think it was simply his springs 'settling' over time that resulted in any sagging.

2) The above the coil spacers:
a. They WILL stiffen the ride. Not as much as an in the coil spacer, since it doesn't increase the spring rate. But simply increasing the a-arm angles will itself change/stiffen the ride.
b. On previous model Tundra's, 2.5" was max lift. If this was done with an in-coil spacer then the shock would limit the travel, preventing over-extension. With an above coil spacer, this doesn't happen, so usually people opt to install limit straps. Not sure about these new 2007 Tundras, but 3" is a lot.

3) No reason why you can't install a diff. drop spacer along with this Daystar, in fact with that much lift you most definitely would be wise to do so.

/Mike

·
Registered
96 Posts
Are there any 1" or 2" lifts, I Dont like the front higher than the back look

·
Registered
77 Posts
2) The above the coil spacers:
a. They WILL stiffen the ride. Not as much as an in the coil spacer, since it doesn't increase the spring rate.
FYI, spring rate would not change. The spring rate is constant for any given spring. The PRELOAD is what would change.

·
Registered
91 Posts
OK you have got me all confused:(

To level the truck I put a 2.5 spacer in front:rolleyes: But the truck looks level now

So if you are leveling it why do the kit come with a 1in rear spacer:eek:

I not try to be a dick but I am really confused

·
Banned
159 Posts
You want the rear higher than the front. A level truck looks like a minivan. If you install a level kit then just add some rear blocks to keep the rake.
Rake is needed so truck levels under load.

Around here there are trucks w/the front end actually sitting slightly higher than the rear. These guys should have bought a Civic.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You want the rear higher than the front. A level truck looks like a minivan. If you install a level kit then just add some rear blocks to keep the rake.

Around here there are trucks w/the front end actually sitting slightly higher than the rear. These guys should have bought a Civic.
Agreed. A truck that has the a$$ dragging without a load looks like a bad t!t job. Everyone knows that money was put into it but nobody wants to tell the one who dropped the cash that it looks like chit.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Agreed. A truck that has the a$$ dragging without a load looks like a bad t!t job. Everyone knows that money was put into it but nobody wants to tell the one who dropped the cash that it looks like chit.

I had an Avalanche with a 4" rancho lift and it was an A$$ dragger. Drove me nuts, finally figured out the front was raised about 6" instead of 4 so i had the torsion bars lowered. I think 2" maybe 2.5" would be about max for a leveling kit. 3" has to be messing with the cv angles a pretty good bit. I know alot of the dodge guys are saying they have alot of noise and the 4wd seems under a bind after coil spacers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had the Revtek 2.5 level kit installed this weekend on an 07 Tundra 4x2 8242. Nice level stance. I believe they are CNC machined billet. These provided an honest 2.5 inch lift and I was told it may settle alittle to 2.25 or even 2 in total lift of the front. I had Daystar 2inch level kit on my 03 Taco. Daystar provided a softer ride compared to the Revtek.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had the Revtek 2.5 level kit installed this weekend on an 07 Tundra 4x2 8242. Nice level stance. I believe they are CNC machined billet. These provided an honest 2.5 inch lift and I was told it may settle alittle to 2.25 or even 2 in total lift of the front. I had Daystar 2inch level kit on my 03 Taco. Daystar provided a softer ride compared to the Revtek.
So which lift do you prefer now that you have had both?

·
Registered
919 Posts

You guys are funny!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would suggest that those of you considering anything form Daystar, visit some of the Titan forums, especially Titan Talk. I don't think you will find one good thing said about Daystar.
I have no personal experience,but most of the Titan people ended up taking the Daystar off. It either broke or caused other problems.

·
Banned
888 Posts
2.5 to the front is plenty for level, @$$ dragging is for the weed-hoppers.:rolleyes:
Aftermarket Air Systems are soon to come and then we'll have a real Suspension Upgrade :tu:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts