Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new 2010 Crewmax the other day and love it! I know this is useless without pics so see below. While the tundra is slow compared to my other truck, it still rides and feels great. I managed almost 19mpg on my 200 mile trip back home from picking it up, too.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Great looking set of trucks there man! Welcome to the madness and let the mods begin. haha

·
Registered
133 Posts
sweet truck, got my 2010 in december, lil over 9K miles on her and shes been a greaT!

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have the same truck, but an 09. I too averaged nearly 19 mpg with less than 1000 on the clock. Amazing what is possible with these trucks for free that many spend hundreds of dollars in search of. The other amazing things are

1) Obviously, the backseat. How many other trucks allow average or below average height rear seat passengers to slide their seats forward a notch or two, recline, AND spread their legs out.

2) Obviously, it pulls and accelerates like a beast.

3) The truck, once you're accustomed to the dimensions, actually drives alot smaller than it looks in tight spots.

·
Cash-Strapped Supporter
155 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Since you say the Tundra is slow compared to your F150 Lightning there, I am assuming that thing is modded out then. The 5.7 is a hell of an engine and the Tundra is a great truck to drive. Enjoy putting miles on her!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Bone stock 04 Lightning:

380 HP
450 pounds of torque

0-60: 5.1-5.5 depending on where you look

1/4 mile: 13-13.5 at 100-105 mph.

Weight: 4670 lbs (Couple hundred pounds lighter than a reg cab tundra.)

It goes to show how far engine tech has come that the Toyota can put down about the same hp and only 40 fewer pounds of torque N/A now. And the Tundra is a beast of a truck. But the lightening is in a different class, will still outrun even a reg cab 2wd 5.7 Tundra by a little bit. No mods necessary, and not just a light weight reg cab truck with a big engine. It's built to run and handle out of the box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is that leveled already? looks like it...look nice.
Its the stance from the factory...Looks level enough for me :p

I have the same truck, but an 09. I too averaged nearly 19 mpg with less than 1000 on the clock. Amazing what is possible with these trucks for free that many spend hundreds of dollars in search of. The other amazing things are

1) Obviously, the backseat. How many other trucks allow average or below average height rear seat passengers to slide their seats forward a notch or two, recline, AND spread their legs out.

2) Obviously, it pulls and accelerates like a beast.

3) The truck, once you're accustomed to the dimensions, actually drives alot smaller than it looks in tight spots.
Yea, its amazing how nicely this thing drives and handles for the size.

Congrats on the purchase. Since you say the Tundra is slow compared to your F150 Lightning there, I am assuming that thing is modded out then. The 5.7 is a hell of an engine and the Tundra is a great truck to drive. Enjoy putting miles on her!
I have modded the ole' Lightning quite a bit over the years so it's not even close; it is shocking how well the Tundra moves for it's size though.

Bone stock 04 Lightning:

380 HP
450 pounds of torque

0-60: 5.1-5.5 depending on where you look

1/4 mile: 13-13.5 at 100-105 mph.

Weight: 4670 lbs (Couple hundred pounds lighter than a reg cab tundra.)

It goes to show how far engine tech has come that the Toyota can put down about the same hp and only 40 fewer pounds of torque N/A now. And the Tundra is a beast of a truck. But the lightening is in a different class, will still outrun even a reg cab 2wd 5.7 Tundra by a little bit. No mods necessary, and not just a light weight reg cab truck with a big engine. It's built to run and handle out of the box.
And it also shows how ahead of it's time the Lightning was IMO to still be able to hang with trucks nearly a decade later. Both the Tundra and Lightning will be in the driveway for quite some time :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Killer set of trucks dude, you made the right decision on the max now sit back and enjoy congrats!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts