Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had my new TRD Tundra DC for about a month now after trading in my trusty 99 4Runner and love it. It is my fourth new 'yoda and have always been more than satisified with the quality of their product. I also am a GM/Corvette fanatic, as I presently own 95, 04 vettes and an 07 Z71 Tahoe. I had been deciding between buying a new Chevy Z71 or TRD Tundra and chose the TRD. It was a tough choice as my close friend owns a Chevy dealership and gave me a great price:ts:, but it was still more than my comparably equipped TRD and the TRD just looks badass. I have NOT had an issue with the VVT-I, transmission, gas pedal, bluetooth, or any other issue that all the 'yoda bashers are bitching about. As expected, it is another quality vehicle from a reputable company. The recall is not a big deal to me as I dont expect to have an issue with it on a new vehicle as I understand what the problem is and will have it repaired after all the hype dies down. The point of my long, drawn out disertation is that I have been similiarly happy with the dozen GM SUV's and Corvette's I have owned over the last 25 years and GM is one of the worlds worst mismanaged corp's with terrible quality issues over the years. So I am sure that Toyota will regroup and address their problems and continuing making fine autos. Just my 2 cents, and I still think the Z06 is the worlds :first:BEST sports car!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Must post pics.

Congradulations on joining the Tundra (recall of the Month) club. Just kidding. Hope you enjoy your truck.

Shared some points to make you feel at home.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Welcome to TS! Congrats on the purchase...

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
well heck. if u are a C5 and a C4 owner then weird quirks from time to time wont bother you with the tundra hahha. (i had a 97 C5 and my parents had an 02 C5 so yeah, im not just talkin out my butt )

welcome! glad to hear a mature response to the recall....instead of "oh my gawd..my whole truck is recalled, its a death trap, my resale value tanked, they owe me big time, i want free money, free extended warranty, and a massage".

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
well heck. if u are a C5 and a C4 owner then weird quirks from time to time wont bother you with the tundra hahha. (i had a 97 C5 and my parents had an 02 C5 so yeah, im not just talkin out my butt )

welcome! glad to hear a mature response to the recall....instead of "oh my gawd..my whole truck is recalled, its a death trap, my resale value tanked, they owe me big time, i want free money, free extended warranty, and a massage".
+1 on both of these statements. And congrats on the truck. I've had my truck for about 2.5 years and haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Had my recalled pedal fixed this afternoon, took a total of about an hour including my oil change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

have to have patientce to own a 'vette. mine both have their little quirks but that is what makes them special to me. i dont expect any trouble with my new yoda, 2k on it in a month and still impressed with it. plan on keeping it a long while!!! GREAT TRUCK

·
Registered
753 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Had my recalled pedal fixed this afternoon, took a total of about an hour including my oil change.
Hey, give us a little feedback on how the new pedal feels.

NYYTRD, welcome to the forum

-Tim

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hey, give us a little feedback on how the new pedal feels.

-Tim
Feels just fine, no difference at all. And for those thinking that you dont want it done because the 16 year old kid who changes the oil does it...... only the master techs are doing the pedal fixes at my dealer, I would think that is the norm for all dealers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey jumbo, after reading your post i'm considering having mine done with the first oil change. no difference in pedal feel? thanks.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Yeah, none at all. It feels exactly like it did when I took it in. If I had'nt stood there talking with him as he did it.... I'd swear he didnt do anything. I really dont understand why some people are making such a big deal about this and not getting it done.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

have to have patientce to own a 'vette. mine both have their little quirks but that is what makes them special to me. i dont expect any trouble with my new yoda, 2k on it in a month and still impressed with it. plan on keeping it a long while!!! GREAT TRUCK
yup. mine was relatively trouble free, i had the screwy fuel sender issue with it going to E every once in a while but when id decide to get it fixed, it woudlnt do it for 10k miles..haha so i didnt mess with it. other than that, i had aleaking fuel filter and a water pump leak at 64k miles. traded it in at 99k miles. my parents who rarely drove theirs, had it towed in twice, and taken in many more times for warranty items, mostly quirks...but oh well. my mom's 72 warbonnet yellow was perfect though hahaha.

back to topic, welcome agan.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts