Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2010 Tundra DC 4x4 yesterday as the dealer offered me a deal I couldn't pass up ($6,500 off sticker and 4% interest rate for 4yrs). The tires and wheels look horrible so I want to change them out immediately. The plan was to put ICON 3inch coilovers, Camburg upper control arms and MickeyThompson AT 305/70/18s with Ultra Grinders.

However, the truck only clears my garage opening by a few inches. Can someone tell me with a 3inch lift and 70inch tall tires how much it would lift my trucks roof line? I don't want to spend 5K on mods just to find out the truck won't fit in the garage!

Also, does anyone know where I can get a billet grill, replacement, with the toyoto logo for a 2010? Carriage Works is the only one that comes close but you have to bolt the logo onto the grill which looks kind of cheap.

·
Registered
118 Posts
70 inch tires?? I don't think any garage could cage that beast !!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Can someone tell me with a 3inch lift and 70inch tall tires how much it would lift my trucks roof line? I don't want to spend 5K on mods just to find out the truck won't fit in the garage!
Maybe he really does have a huge garage. They say that everything is big in Texas, right? :D

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
My guess is you'll add 4.5-5" over stock. Those tires are 35" and the stock tires are roughly 32" so you'll gain 1.5" over stock there + the three inches of lift.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My guess is you'll add 4.5-5" over stock. Those tires are 35" and the stock tires are roughly 32" so you'll gain 1.5" over stock there + the three inches of lift.
Yeah, I have 255/70/18 right now so if I went to 305/70/18 Mickey Thompsons ATZ the height of the tire shouldn't change just the width right? Currently I have exactly 7inches from the top of my cab to the top of the garage door.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Yeah, I have 255/70/18 right now so if I went to 305/70/18 Mickey Thompsons ATZ the height of the tire shouldn't change just the width right? Currently I have exactly 7inches from the top of my cab to the top of the garage door.
That 70 is 70% of the width, is the height of the sidewall. So 70% of 305 mm = the height of the sidewall from the rim to the tread. I will provide a link to a tire calculator and you can put in the numbers and play with it. If you have 7 inches of clearance now then you should be ok with the new setup. There is a guy mhollack that is the expert on tires and wheels maybe he will come along and explain the metric tire sizes better.
DML Tire and Wheel Calculator

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That 70 is 70% of the width, is the height of the sidewall. So 70% of 305 mm = the height of the sidewall from the rim to the tread. I will provide a link to a tire calculator and you can put in the numbers and play with it. If you have 7 inches of clearance now then you should be ok with the new setup. There is a guy mhollack that is the expert on tires and wheels maybe he will come along and explain the metric tire sizes better.
DML Tire and Wheel Calculator
Thanks for the info, I didn't know about the 70 being 70% but that makes sense.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With ICON coilovers set to 3inches would I actually get a 3inch lift due to the fact the trucks nose is already lower than the rear?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
3" lift on mine with 33s an there is no way its fitting in the garage , its a truck , let her play in the rain
How tall is your garage?

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Congrats on the new truck... I too have those ugly rims... I think it is a GST promo package. A couple of people have even called them the rental truck rim. I don't understand why they put such a narrow tire on these trucks either, especially on a 4x4. I look forward to seeing some follow-up pictures of your new tire/rim set-up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts