Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up this new 2020 Sequoia.
It's a Platinum model.
I am running a set of Falken wild peak AT tires 285/70/17.
With a Method 17x8.5 +25 model 313 wheel in flat black.
I added the OEM/bushwacker flairs, I had them paint matched here at a local body shop.
I could not find where Toyota was still offering these flairs. Also everywhere I looked said they only fit 2007-2015. I researched it quite a bit, most of the body panels are unchanged and there was really no know reason I could find as to why they wold not fit a 2018-2020 Sequoia. Turns out the research paid off, they were still a perfect fit for my 2020 model.

I am planning to tint the front windows to match the back windows next.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks good. Did you have any clearance issue with the 17" wheels? I went to 18" on my TRD Sport but 17" gives more sidewall.

Do you have a part number for the fender flares?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good. Did you have any clearance issue with the 17" wheels? I went to 18" on my TRD Sport but 17" gives more sidewall.

Do you have a part number for the fender flares?
I was a little concerned with the 17" wheels, mainly since most every website showed 18" as the minimum. Which that info is spawned from the 18" wheel being the smallest the factory offered. I searched the web and found a lot of pics of Sequoia's running 17" wheels mostly the Toyota Rock Warrior 17" which I believe have something like +40 offset which the main concern would be the rear suspension upper control arm clearances. Which with most of the aftermarket rims, they are typically +25-0 offset which would push them out away from the control arms, so with some applied logic I concluded that it was highly unlikely to be a clearance issue for the +25's I was wanting to run. All turned out fine, they fit without any clearance issues.

The Fender flairs, although OE style and offered as sort of OE in the past by Toyota in some regions largely the SW region, which were simply port installed options by the regional distribution company, prior to the sale and distribution out to the dealers. These are really simply the bushwacker flairs paint matched. Now with the flairs this was another hurdle that required some research and leap of faith. Since the flairs state they only fit 2007-2014 or some case showed them as fitting 2007-2015. I could not find a single picture of a set on a 2018-2020 however the parts list for the front fascia which is about all that changed over the years showed 2015-2020 as the same part number. Leading me to believe they would likely fit on my 2020 without a problem. I order a set on Amazon to give me a cheap way out if they didn't fit. I received them, did a quick test fit and saw they were as suspected still a perfect fit even for a 2020.

Bushwacker 30912-02 Toyota OE Style Fender Flare - Set of 4
by Bushwacker
Price:$403.68 & FREE Shipping

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I should add that those flairs come black ready to to paint. I think I might have paid a bit to much for the paint work but they did a nice job.
The paint to match paint work cost me about $600. I installed them at home, took about 2.5-3 hours, it is sort of a pain in the rear to install them.
I might pay a body shop to install them if I ever need to do it again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@cc1999

how are flares afixed?

how much wider do the flares make it?

would you go with a +12 or +18 vs the +25 now?
Body clips and push pins. No holes drilled.

+12 and +18 would like give a little fender liner rub with the tire size I am running.
Prior to the flairs they were poking out just a little, now they set perfectly flush.
I have 18x9 +20s on both my Land Cruiser and Tundra, both have a fender liner rub when backing up with wheels turned. I would say off all the different Tundra, Land Cruiser wheel tire combo's I have owned, I like the fit of these +25s the best.

Bushwacker 30912-02 Black OE-Style Smooth Finish 4-Piece Fender Flare Set for 2008-2015 Toyota Sequoia w/Factory Mudflaps

Here the spec data for the flairs. Coverage shows 1.25"
More Information
MaterialAbs Thermoplastic
StyleFactory
Front Flare Height (inches)4.75
Front Flare Tire Coverage (inches)1.25
Rear Flare Height (inches)5
Rear Flare Tire Coverage (inches)1.25
ColorBLACK
Sold As4 PC SET
FinishSMOOTH
Universal Or Specific FitSpecific