Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a Kimber 45 TLE II with crimson laser grip. I used a black hawk holster and mount. Cant see its there nor is it in the way of your legs. Took about 10 mins.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More Pictures

Attachments

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
very nice I like. What did u use for a mounting bracket or is that set up made to mount that way. I am unclear how u fastened the blackhawk to the round mount, or what the round mount is.

chucky

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I use the compartments in the center overhead for my storage. A S&W J Frame or a S&W M&P Compact fit in there nicely. Just hit the door release and they are instantly available. The map compartment can also be used or another nifty hiding place is under the front cupholders. Just reach in the map compartment to lift out the cupholder, place the item to be hidden and reinstall the cupholder. Works great for small items...including small weapons.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
A Glock 26 with a 10 round mag fits perfectly under the front cup holders and a Glock 18 33rd mag fits perfectly in the narrow compartment next to it :tu:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It came together with the screws. It cost around $40. The holster is a quick connect to the mount..You just twist it on.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have to buy the mount seperate but the screws come with it. The holster is a quick connect to the mount..You just twist it on.

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
I love my Kimber. I wanted a team match and ended up finding a good deal on a Desert Warrior. Congrats Nice pistol

·
Registered
270 Posts
45!! good choice! except bullets are ridiculously expensive!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Kimber Stainless Covert customized with tons of stuff. (a friend of mine was downsizing an extensive collection and I was made an offer I couldnt refuse).

Never put a round through it in the 3 years I have had it. The weapon sure looks pretty however.

I like your truck mod.

~JH

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am still trying to fully understand where your pistol is located. The towel is throwing me off.
Laser and night sights, got to love the Kimbers. I only have the night sights on mine, and I roll my own, so I can afford to shoot it.
I just got my Toyota, and now I need to start exploring for those "Special spots".

SScott

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Points sent for a great location of the mount! I love my 357 Taurus with the shrouded hammer and 2 finger grip along with my 380 Ruger LCP. My 357 fits nicely in my glove box holster and the 380 sticks to my magnetic holster in my reach by the right knee. I will post pics of the 380 mount soon. Here is my 357 which I have posted in another thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes its a 5 inch Barrel.

It is mounted at the bottom of the driver seat in the middle. There is hard plastic at the bottom of the seat which it is mounted on. Here are some more pictures. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Wow, and thats (I assume) legal?.....what happens when you get pulled over? it sure would make the trooper nervous.....In Canada they would put the cuffs on and throw you in the clink.....

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Wow, and thats (I assume) legal?.....what happens when you get pulled over? it sure would make the trooper nervous.....In Canada they would put the cuffs on and throw you in the clink.....
That's why I live in the USA, and more specifically Arizona. It's legal to carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle here without a permit as long as it isn't concealed. Most law enforcement Officers don't even ask. The reason I will never travel to Alaska is that I first must go through Canada and leave my weapons behind. The Arizona Governor just signed a bill doing away with permits...she obviously supports the US Constitution and the Second Amendment.

Brewer signs bill to allow concealed guns without permit - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nope not a cop just a coal mine outside surveryor. But I do have my concealed weapons card. It is just an 8 hour class and cost me $75.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts