Discussion Starter #1

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
ooooooo, where did that come from?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Too bad it doesn't travel across the whole rest. nice though.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Good, so it isn't just me who thinks the armrests are too low. It's like that in the wife's Highlander too. They need to be about an inch or two higher. This mod might work out just right for me.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Asianflava

I think the same. I may try these. If they don't work out I might try lowering the seat. If I could get the armrest/console where I can use them my truck will be much more comfortable to me. I'd like that.

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
I am making some custom latex armrest cushions for my 07 Tundra DC. I am cutting them to the exact shape of the armrests and will cover them with black neoprene fabric so they don't show dirt, will stay cool in the summer, warm in winter, and will last a long time. I am doing this because I have the driver seat set fairly high up and my arm doesn't contact the armrest naturally. Will post some pics when done.

FYI - you can order your own custom foam in any shape and size desirable, and very cheap too! Only $1.79 to $3.99 for a 3" x 3" x 12" piece. Check out this site and click on the "custom cut foam" link on the bottom left of the page. This stuff is great for custom automobile pillows, boat cushions, campers, etc. You can also call or email them to purchase a set of latex samples which are about 12" square and 3" thick each (set has 4 cubes, one of each latex strength), and the latex is very high quality, much better than foam. Their email address is [email protected] and their phone number is 800-452-6114. I purchased their best latex mattress set 2 years ago and it is still like new, great for my bad back, never slept better, the best mattress I have ever used. This is why I am using the latex samples to make armrests for my Tundra. :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you get numbness in your ring and pinky finger, you may be leaning on your elbow too much and compressing the ulnar nerve. If you can't stop leaning on the elbow, this might be worth a try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts