Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Laying in bed last night thinking about the new backup lights I just hooked up on my Tacoma. They are 35w 4" tractor lights in the rubber housing and they work great! What about hooking them up to my flashers so that they would come on with the flashers if I wanted them to ? Right now I just have them switched to come on when I want. Maybe I could hook them up to come on with the flashers but only if I turned on the flashers and the switch. If I don't want them to come on with the flashers then I don't turn on the backup lights switch. Any other time I want to use them I just turn on the switch as normal.
We use flashers allot around here when following a loaded 16 wheeler up a mountain, when were broke down or a wreck up ahead and so on. Maybe the backup lights would be to bright to use with the flashers? Mike

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
Yep white flashing on the rear is not a good thing, red much better. amber up front.

these guys have some soultions to a variety of situations

: Galls

·
Registered
152 Posts
You would have to change out the relay for the flashers. once you add more lights to the system the relay will not operate at the same speed. Plus I have had people use there aftermarket back up lights on me at night. You cant see jack for a minute. I would recommend to also just leave the flashers red.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, These lights are bright for sure and may not be very good to hook them to the hazard lights. Thanks guy's, Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts