Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I finally got everything installed today so tell me what you all think. Personally I love it and love the ride too. I have the Bilsteins on the front and rear with the front set at it's highest setting. I then went with the 22" Ultra Goliaths wrapped with a 285/50/22 Nitto Terra Grappler. I didn't want the 22's, but I got a killer deal on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Since youre 4x4, did you get the diff drop done?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Looks fantastic!! I know how you feel... I got mine done a couple months ago and it is night-and-day difference, only I got 20s. Word of advice though... do the diff. drop! It is only $30 and can be a little frustrating with the skid plate, but well worth doing for peace of mind. Just remember that the bolts for the diff have actual nuts on the other side (difficult to get too, but a wrench can fit flat on its side to hold it), so you're not bolting into a part of the engine or frame and it can be a PITA to get the nut out if you accidentally loose it there. VERY NICE RIDE!! Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Looks great man!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Those wheels look really good - all around nice setup. I mentioned getting a lift to wife the other day and got the "your obsessed" look.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Those wheels look really good - all around nice setup. I mentioned getting a lift to wife the other day and got the "your obsessed" look.
Thats funny man! Being on the forum won't help your obession either!!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Looks good! Those are great lookin' rims; they fit well in 22"

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very, very nice! :tu: Excellent "leg" work on your part prior to all the decisions you had to make.

Did you have any issues with the alignment? And how are those Bilsteins living up to your expectations as far as ride quality? ;)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
So glad you went with the 22's, they look magnificent. There's nothing I would do differently with the truck if I owned it except to remove all the extra emblems. Beautiful :amen:

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Hey, no problem... I get that every time I mention the supercharger, lol! j/k, but seriously, that is better than getting the "Why do you need to get that? I never thought the truck would be an endless modding money-pit"-look... :D:D:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very, very nice! :tu: Excellent "leg" work on your part prior to all the decisions you had to make.

Did you have any issues with the alignment? And how are those Bilsteins living up to your expectations as far as ride quality? ;)

Thanks everyone and thanks for everyone out there that helped by answering all my weeks worth of questions. So far I love the ride quality. I could tell the difference right when I left the parking lot. I'd go over bumps and not really feel them. No issues with the alignment that I'm aware of but I'm watching it closely. I love it and I only spent about $2200 for everything. Thank god for Craigslist. Again I didn't want 22" rims, but when you find that exact setup with less than 10k miles on them for only $1200 how do you not pull that trigger.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
LOL - Just so you guys know... my wife calls you guys my "Tundra boy-friends." But then she says "well, I guess you could be doing alot worse things..." LOL

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks really good! I've had my Bilsteins on for about 4 months now and I'm gettin a little too much outside tire wear. It might be time to lower them on the middle setting. Do yourself a favor and keep an eye out on your front tires

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So glad you went with the 22's, they look magnificent. There's nothing I would do differently with the truck if I owned it except to remove all the extra emblems. Beautiful :amen:
I've been thinking about debadging it. I guess that's another topic I'll start researching and maybe do that in the morning after I install the Volant.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts