Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered a new set of 5100 bilsteins from shock warehouse, these are the adjustable ones, any one who has installed these have any advise on installitation and settings.
thanks,
tim

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
just ordered a new set of 5100 bilsteins from shock warehouse, these are the adjustable ones, any one who has installed these have any advise on installitation and settings.
thanks,
tim
Congrats but I hope they fill the back orders first.

·
Preferred Dealer
90 Posts
and how long can i expect this to take, that was not mentioned when i placed the order.
Bilstein have many parts coming and going on back order (currently over 35 part #s are back ordered), if we know the part number is on back order I assure you if you called in your order we would let you know.

If you can find the parts elsewhere and need them now we encourage you to go for it. If you paid by credit card you haven't been charged and can easily void your order.

This international back order is effecting all the retailers of their products that we know.

I can let you know the specific date Bilstein has but would need to know the part numbers you ordered (if the ones you ordered are on back order).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was wondering why my credit card had not been charged, can you let me know what time frame on these parts:

F4-BE5-6929-HO Bilstein 5100 Offroad Racing Leveling Unit Tundra

F4-BE5-A014-H7 Bilstein 5100 Offroad Racing Unit Tundra

I do need new shocks so can you recommend an alt brand?

Thanks
James

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I'm curious too, i want to order adj. 5100 for 07 tundra?
How long aprox. Is wait?
i was wondering why my credit card had not been charged, can you let me know what time frame on these parts:

F4-be5-6929-ho bilstein 5100 offroad racing leveling unit tundra

f4-be5-a014-h7 bilstein 5100 offroad racing unit tundra

i do need new shocks so can you recommend an alt brand?

Thanks
james

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was wondering why my credit card had not been charged, can you let me know what time frame on these parts:

F4-BE5-6929-HO Bilstein 5100 Offroad Racing Leveling Unit Tundra

F4-BE5-A014-H7 Bilstein 5100 Offroad Racing Unit Tundra

I do need new shocks so can you recommend an alt brand?

Thanks
James
Nevermind I found it, Nov 11.........

what about the edelbrocks??

·
Preferred Dealer
90 Posts
Why the heck would you guys have a SALE...... when you know full well you cannot supply?
Sir, just to explain this back order issue (consisting of several different Bilstein shock part #'s). It's a manufacturer back order (Bilstein), they don't have the inventory for particular part #'s.

This promotion, is a manufacturer promotion, direct from Bilstein - they chose the part #'s that are eligible, designed the ads, etc. From what I have seen thus far the part #'s eligible for the 25% promo are NOT on back order.

We are simply a retailer of their product and are passing along any promotions they have to interested customers for their product.

But I do understand your point.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Got my 07 tundra shocks yesterday. Thanks Shockguys again for an awesome deal.

Now I need to figure out how to install it... anyone know the torque specs of all the nuts and bolts for the shocks?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I helped my mechanic install my 5100's today. Not too bad. I have a non TRD crewmax. Big improvement on the ride especially over bumps. My truck has 35k and it felt like the shocks weren't doing its job. Shocks are suppose to absorb the bumps in the road and these 5100's do just that. I measured the center of my wheels to my fender and it was 20"passenger and 20 1/2 driver side. After the the bilstein install, it was 22" exactly both sides with the perch set on the first setting (lowest setting). :confused: I thought it would only raise .5 as I have read on other posts. Anyways, it raise the truck a little and it looks good. I also install my new fog lights I bought on ebay. Looks awesome. Will try to post some pics later. Oh I forgot, he charge me $50 for labor on shocks and $0 for the foglight install :D, but I gave him a $20 dollar tip. I was one of the lucky ones that ordered the shocks from shockwarehouse with the 25% discount and 5% discount code. Bad azz deal!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just got the word that shocks are on the way, between them and the grill guard/winch mount i plan to be be busy this weekend.
tim

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Have a feeling you put yours on second perch to get almost 2 inch lift.

I just bought all 4 and am still wondering whether to go all the way up or second perch?

I have creWmax non TRD, I have read different results when lifted all the way up as nose high and don't know which one to go?

I have a retrax with a little weight in back and am trying to not do block.
Installer said that if we put it on full and is nose high, it is cheaper to add block in rear instead of disassembling again to adjust.

So who has a non trd crewmax that installed with full lift that does not or does have nose up look?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i went with the second spot, i was worried about the third setting being to high, and from what i understand, the people running second position have had no issues with the deferential.
tim

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts