Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has a 2000 Tundra 2WD V8. About two months ago he started to get the dreaded pulsing/vibration issue when braking. It happens at all speeds, but is much worst when braking at high speeds. When it first started happening I figured it was the rotors. I ordered a set of rotors from Napa, (I had already replace the pads about two months earlier) installed them and still had the issue. The following weekend, I put in new pads thinking maybe the issue was the older pads on the warped rotors. Still no luck. I saw on this site that maybe the calipers were the issue so I ordered a set from Napa and brake lines and replaced them yesterday and still no luck. I even attempted to parking break test to see if it was the rear brakes causing the issue and definitely not rear brakes as I feel not vibration or pulsing.

The brakes feel unresponsive and will vibrate the steering wheel and I can feel the brake pedal give up and down feedback.

This is what I have done over a period of two months:

replace rotors
replace pads
replace calipers
replace brake lines
bleed all four brakes multiple times

At this point I have no idea what this issue can be. Someone please help!!!!!:mad:

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,562 Posts
It would be my guess that the rotor mating surface on the hub has rust/corrosion on it that is not allowing it to seat properly thus causing runout on any rotor installed there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be my guess that the rotor mating surface on the hub has rust/corrosion on it that is not allowing it to seat properly thus causing runout on any rotor installed there.

Remmy700P, thanks for the reply. Is this easily fixed by scrubbing the hub with a metal brush?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,562 Posts
Remmy700P, thanks for the reply. Is this easily fixed by scrubbing the hub with a metal brush?

Thanks,
It should be, depending on the type and level of corrosion. Some have had to address it with a wire wheel. Just be careful that you don't remove metal material (i.e. see sparks flying) if you go this route, and be careful of the lug threads as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts