Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,long time reader of the forums here and have been following the course of the new Tundra,I might go up to the local dealer this weekend,He wrote me back and said they have 5 of them sitting on the lot and if I wanna come up to check them out he'd be more then happy to show it to me. I was just curious if anyone up here in Canada have purchased and or ordered a new Tundra yet? Was just curious what people are getting and cost's up here. Just doing some homework. My local Chevy dealer is trying hard to get me back in an Avalanche.He had me take out the new Z71 version which I was impressed with,But I still wanna have a look at the Tundra,Especially the Crewmax when it lands. I look forward to hearing from everyone and getting more info for each other. Thanks for your time...

Yours Truly

Jason

·
Registered
500 Posts
I purchased an '07 5.7L DC TRD in B.C. From what I understand, everywhere outside of Ontario, Toyota is still using their price fixing, or better know as Access Pricing (they lost a law suit in Ontario, doesn't apply anywhere else though.) I paid sticker, but dealt on my '02 trade in, which ended up being about $3000 over black book. They will be more generous on the trade in, but very reluctant to deal off MSRP. They aren't shy to tell you that neither. If you search the threads, a user in the maritimes posted the invoice prices he obtained for being a member with Car Cost Canada. If you're in Ontario, I would join the APA. They should already have a pre negotiated price which is generally $900 over invoice.

·
Registered
699 Posts
what is this APA? I am very interested in getting 900 over invoice. I'm haveing a hard time finding the right price for a truck

·
Registered
20 Posts
I purchased an '07 5.7L DC TRD in B.C. From what I understand, everywhere outside of Ontario, Toyota is still using their price fixing, or better know as Access Pricing (they lost a law suit in Ontario, doesn't apply anywhere else though.) I paid sticker, but dealt on my '02 trade in, which ended up being about $3000 over black book. They will be more generous on the trade in, but very reluctant to deal off MSRP. They aren't shy to tell you that neither. If you search the threads, a user in the maritimes posted the invoice prices he obtained for being a member with Car Cost Canada. If you're in Ontario, I would join the APA. They should already have a pre negotiated price which is generally $900 over invoice.
My understanding is Access Pricing has been discontinued Canada wide. You can deal off MSRP. Not all dealers will feel the need though. Your salesperson may be telling you it is still in place, but it is not true.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My understanding is Access Pricing has been discontinued Canada wide. You can deal off MSRP. Not all dealers will feel the need though. Your salesperson may be telling you it is still in place, but it is not true.
Access pricing is gone in Calgary.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Access pricing is total B.S., the market should determine the fair value of new vehicles. If everyone wants the new tundra, then sell them at msrp, but if sales are slow, try to get $2k to $3k off.

·
Registered
500 Posts
"My understanding is Access Pricing has been discontinued Canada wide. You can deal off MSRP. Not all dealers will feel the need though. Your salesperson may be telling you it is still in place, but it is not true."

You're absolutely correct. Even the web site says that dealers are free to set their own price. As a rule, they won't move off MSRP (obviously from other postings they do, very rare though). I contacted an auto broker in B.C., they typically can get a fleet price with no negotiating on the buyers part. However, to quote an email I received 3 weeks ago "Toyota is continuing there price fixing outside of Ontario. The broker would get it for MSRP, just as the buyer would but would be able to provide several hundred dollars in rebates."
Not sure what several hundred dollars means ($400?, $900?). I shopped 2 dealerships and ended up $2200 higher at the second dealer on my 2002 AC TRD 4x4 trade in ($23,700 which equals $26,781 private sale, due to tax savings). Considered that a good deal and above market value. Maybe should have also combined the broker with the rebates. Oh well.

Work'em hard!! IMO Toyota product advisors/business managers can be extremely arrogant and difficult to with.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hi there - waiting for the arrival of my C/M. So far haven't had any luck getting away from the price fixing scheme. Will not give up. The trade # wasn't that bad but I am still not happy. I guess AB and ON have gone away from access, I can't figure out why the rest haven't. Couple dealers I walked into all they would talk about is how good access is. When I tell them that dealers are free to set their own price and do not have to follow access the conversation seems to fizzle....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had the same experience with this access pricing in BC. As I have stated in an earlier post, I will buy a Tundra or Sierra in the next two months (full load/limited). I find that the arrogance of the Toyota sales managers is starting to have an effect on how I am going to buy. Then when I find out that this access pricing is not across Canada, I think that there statements to me become quite dubious.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have had the same experience with this access pricing in BC. As I have stated in an earlier post, I will buy a Tundra or Sierra in the next two months (full load/limited). I find that the arrogance of the Toyota sales managers is starting to have an effect on how I am going to buy. Then when I find out that this access pricing is not across Canada, I think that there statements to me become quite dubious.
I feel the same way. Ever think of going into the US to get one? If you don't have a trade -in (which would save you money on the taxes), this might be the way to go. There is a broker in Vancouver who will do it for you.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I feel the same way. Ever think of going into the US to get one? If you don't have a trade -in (which would save you money on the taxes), this might be the way to go. There is a broker in Vancouver who will do it for you.
I guess it all depends on what you end up paying at the end of the day. I considered going to the USA for a new Tundra if Toyota Canada had priced the new one poorly. I decided to buy one locally.
Although I've been told that Toyota Canada and their dealer must honour the warranty, I was never able to get that in writing. Even if they will honour the warranty, I could envision some hasssle. Heck, I got hassled on the service end of things from one Ford dealer cause I did not purchase from them!!!
To be honest, the biggest thing that would irk my on a US vehicle is the speedo in MPH. I know the KPH would be on the innner ring but it's just one of those quirks I guess.

·
Registered
500 Posts
For what it's worth...............
Just looking at the sticker that was on my '02 AC TRD 4x4. It was $39,510, that was when Access Pricing first came out and the dealers weren't allowed to move off sticker. My '07 5.7L DC TRD 4x4 sticker (which is much more truck in every way), was $42,350. Difference of $2,840. In hindsight, in '02 I would have been a no brainer to pay that difference if this '07 was available as an option back then.

IMO of course.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It is good for the sales people as they don't need any bargaining skills with access pricing.
You would be surprised. I was in sales with Toyota a few years ago when it was still Access... To close a deal based on price is much less work than knowing your product and convincing your customer why he should buy it, and more, why he should buy it from you and your dealership. You couldn't just say something like "If I could get you a 2000 discount would you buy today?" you had to really know what you were talking about. (not that everyone did...);)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ordered my 07 CM Ltd, black with redrock package C (NAV). Made a deal with our fleet rate of $52,300.00 CAD. Expecting del mid April. Hope this helps. BTW don't deal with sales guy that needs to confirm a price with his manager, deal with the manager!!!:tu:

·
Registered
935 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts