Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after reading all the (mostly) positive posts on this site and waiting 2 1/2 weeks for delivery - I finally took possession of a new CrewMax Limited 4x2. The color is Pyrite Mica (photos attached) and it is one SWEET truck. Plenty of get up and go, lots of room and very smoooooth. I can't wait to try pulling the travel trailer we have, although I still have some 500 miles to put on the truck until I can. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Very nice w/ nav, 20" alloy. I'm waiting for almost the same thing w/Red Rock interior. I like the running boards. Can't decide between those and black tube steps. Make sure to get us some pics in the daylight and with the rear window down.

I heard that nav units were scarce due to a parts shortage. You only had to wait a couple of weeks?

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Very very nice! I like the color of the leather.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice w/ nav, 20" alloy. I'm waiting for almost the same thing w/Red Rock interior. I like the running boards. Can't decide between those and black tube steps. Make sure to get us some pics in the daylight and with the rear window down.

I heard that nav units were scarce due to a parts shortage. You only had to wait a couple of weeks?
I think they build a few more with Nav systems for California, but yes they are scarce. I was able to put my name on it just before the build date. I grabbed it when I could, because I know from past experience that Nav systems can be difficult to find. It is interesting how different parts of the country get different model set ups. I was looking for a Crewmax limited with tow mirrors and none of the dealers up here said they could get any. It wasn't a deal breaker for me and I am very happy with the truck as it is.

I will try and take some daylight pictures, but the weather people are thinking it is going to rain tomorrow :rolleyes:. I've seen the pictures of the tube steps and they are nice as well. The one I have work just fine and do fit the design of the truck, too.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
I've seen the pictures of the tube steps and they are nice as well. The one I have work just fine and do fit the design of the truck, too.
chipmulgrew, just incase you ever decide to upgrade to the brush style steps or tube steps, I'm willing to drive to Vacaville and buy those stockers off you :tu: Keep me in mind if you ever decide to upgrade :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats on the Crewmax. You will love it. I have almost the first 1000K on mine and still can't wait to get in it every day. Love the color of yours and the fact that you got the factory boards. I have seen some critics going off about the boards but I love mine as I think they look great and are very practical for people to use to get in and out in both the front and the back. Enjoy!!!:tu: :tu:

·
Registered
510 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chipmulgrew, just incase you ever decide to upgrade to the brush style steps or tube steps, I'm willing to drive to Vacaville and buy those stockers off you :tu: Keep me in mind if you ever decide to upgrade :)
Thanks for the offer, but I think I will stick with these. :ts:

·
Registered
166 Posts
we were looking at the Pyrite Mica. Very nice color if I say so myself. the only problem for me was I have to park outside every night. I was afraid it would show more dirt than what I wanted.

enjoy that new ride :tu:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey that last picture of your interior from the back seat, what are those switches/panels between your rear vents for in the back of your console?

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey that last picture of your interior from the back seat, what are those switches/panels between your rear vents for in the back of your console?
The one is the AC115V plug and the other opens to RCA plugs for the rear entertainment system. I didn't really want the entertainment system but it was impossible to get a Nav system without it (at least for now).

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
we were looking at the Pyrite Mica. Very nice color if I say so myself. the only problem for me was I have to park outside every night. I was afraid it would show more dirt than what I wanted.

enjoy that new ride :tu:
I agree with you about the color. I needed the truck sooner than later, so I didn't have much of a choice regarding color. I was looking for a light color. When they showed me this color on the lot, I thought it was a good compromise between light and the really dark color. So far it's not showing the dirt too badly. I have really come to like the color alot.

As requested by StatCoder I am attaching some daytime pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Thanks for the pics. That's a beauty all the way around. Do you know that you can't get factory DVD in some regions? GST, Denver, and probably SET. I love the Pyrite in the Limited trim. Nice 20 inch alloys. I'm guessing MSRP of $48K? It's looks loaded.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That truck is the bomb! How come more people don't get that color interior? I'd love to take a LONG road trip in that truck with my family.

·
Registered
151 Posts
out of all the color comb. I have seen. I would have to say that is the best by far, the way the pyrite flows into the cab onto the dark brown door panels. I will say though that pyrite is not at the top of my list though for exterior colors. Mine is nautical blue with the tan int. leather. Next week can't come soon enough!!!! Anyways, nice truck and have fun!!:tu: :tu:

·
Registered
699 Posts
how did you fit your truck in the house?:D just playing nice!:tu:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Wow. Nice truck. I didn't realize that the tan interior has a dark brown dash. the gray and red rock have black, so I figured the tan did too.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the pics. That's a beauty all the way around. Do you know that you can't get factory DVD in some regions? GST, Denver, and probably SET. I love the Pyrite in the Limited trim. Nice 20 inch alloys. I'm guessing MSRP of $48K? It's looks loaded.
It is definitely loaded. The truck is a 4x2 and the price I paid for it was about $42,300.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
That's a nice deal - right around what I'm hoping to pay sometime soon minus DVD player and running boards for $39930. The rear windows look nicely tinted. What are you going to do to line the bed? I ordered a bedrug already.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts