Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after thinking long and hard about what color leather to use when reupholstering my 07 DC interior, i finally came to this design scheme.

I was close to going with all grey leather seats with black inserts, but I never liked light grey interiors, plus the black matches more with the dash board and door panels.

The reason for the black/grey combo is because the whole interior was oem light grey (except the dash pad and door panels). I didnt want to go through painting all the plastic parts, changing the carpet, etc

The seats were stripped from the original cloth they had, then sponge was added to sides on both the bottom and top part to give it that sporty look. The center console was also redone, as were the arm rest pads on all 4 doors. Light grey thread was used in all the stitching to give it an extra touch.
Oh an the silver dash panels were repainted in silver, but Im thinking of changing them to carbon fiber some time soon.

Let me know what you think !

SOMEWHAT BETTER NEW PICS:

OLD PICS
Ps Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, Ill post better pics soon

·
Registered
422 Posts
looks great man - I'm in Houston too - where did you get it done and for how much $$?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks great man - I'm in Houston too - where did you get it done and for how much $$?
I am working overseas now in Dubai. I got it done at local place here for about $800. Price was good i guess since they had to redo the seat design by adding sponge panels to it and this was not just a seat cover.

I miss houston!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
awesome. i'd be concerned with smashing that seat bolster since it is thicker than stock and the stock ones cause so much issue for so many getting in and out w/o rubbing but as long as you are not careless getting in and out you should be fine. and from the looks ofyour truck, u arent careless. that job would have cost alot more than 800 in the states...great job. love the pattern.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome. i'd be concerned with smashing that seat bolster since it is thicker than stock and the stock ones cause so much issue for so many getting in and out w/o rubbing but as long as you are not careless getting in and out you should be fine. and from the looks ofyour truck, u arent careless. that job would have cost alot more than 800 in the states...great job. love the pattern.
same concern I had... spent a whole lot of time showing the wife the right way in and out of the truck, now she doesnt want to ride in it anymore :laughing3d:

Lifting your bum off the seat and then stepping on the side steps to get out of the truck is a pain, but Ive gotten used to it... if it does get damaged, i doubt it will cost much to repair it here :)

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Wow! Great choices!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind comments guys :)

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Nice .

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Love it!!! The pattern is tits.

The armrests are my favorite. I wonder if my local Katzkins place will do that too.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looks great..

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Those look great, especially the console-lid. The seat pattern reminds me of a 70's sports car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Almost looks like they took covers from an F150.

2006 Ford F150 Interior Photo

Correct! actually the pattern is similar to the Roush F150, except on the back seat Roush opted for all 3 seats to have that pattern, I only did it on 2 and left the middle seat in black.

Looks good on a truck IMO

1 - 20 of 25 Posts