• Not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received our newly designed leather kits for the 2009-10 Corolla Sport. It's based on the Formula One racing seat styles and adds a nice racing touch to an already sporty vehicle. I hope our dealers like it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yeah I agree. We're toying with the idea of using the exterior color in the ribbed insert only. On the spine piece, the piece going vertical down the center of the insert, and the small insert pieces with the small hole cut out. I'll post a mock up when I get it done. I want to make sure it doesn't look like the ribs of a skeleton. LOL.

Thanks again for your reply.

·
Registered
219 Posts
From looking at the ribbed part, how comfortable does that feel against someone's back? It looks as if you would be able to feel the ribs.

Do those slip on over the factory seats or how does that work? Reason I'm asking is the XRS model leather seats look really good. It gives the car a luxury look to it. The side bolsters seem larger too, but that could be my imagination.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the same thing when we put the kit on but the additional foam in between the ribs along with the 1/2" foam we already tack to each leather piece before sewing was really comfortable to sit on and lean back. You can feel the additional foam against your lower lumbar when your driving. It's really nice. I also noticed a little bit of gripping action from the ribbing on the base of the seat while driving. No sliding around the seat while turning or heavy braking. They will definately keep the kids in place in the back seat in case of the occasional extreme driving manuever.

We remove the factory seat covers before installing our leather kits. You have to be able to re-hog ring the rod and listing systems to the seat frame so the covers fit like factory. The Corolla is the only kit, even from the factory, that the seam on the side of the front K's runs across the middle of the bolster foam of the seat. Most kits the seams follow the foam of the seat. The Corolla starts that way at the bottom of the seat where the air bag tag is but as it rises toward the top it snakes across the bolster which may give the appearance of it being larger but it's correctly proportioned with the rest of the seat.

We have a standard factory design kit for the Corolla but I'm hoping the Sport drivers prefer something a little more stylish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts