Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New front disc brakes? SUGGESTIONS?

I drive a 2004 tundra double cab limited. I can feel my brakes going. I need to replace the front disks and pads, I was wondering if I could get some help here? I have a buddy who manages Les Schwabb and he said to go with Power slot slotted disks and hawk pads. . I'm not sure how I feel about slotted disc brakes .. I live in Montana . . a lot of dust. Right now my brakes feel extremely soft and wobble at high speed stops. Suggestions anyone? (should I stay with the OE disks and get hawk pads? ?

·
Registered
524 Posts
brembo blanks will be fine, if you want the slots thats up to you-really doesnt help that much.

I suggest hawk LTS pads, have used them before and love them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased these off ebay. I have installed them on my 04 tundra and they are working great. Great price also. Ceramic pads and drilled & slotted rotors, 109.99 shipped. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I went with Brembo replacement rotors and Hawk LTS pads from Tire Rack all for less than OEM. Brakes feel great and I would do it all over again.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You need a break ..your truck needs brakes ...

all kidding aside, stay with OEM equipment as the stock system is fine or, if you want more braking power, use the HAWK pads. Their coefficient of friction is higher than the stock ones but, with more friction comes more noise, more dust and more wear on the rotors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts