Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I understand correctly, my dash tweeters and door speakers are wired in series, tweeters first and door speakers second. That creates an 8 ohm load on the radio. I am looking to replace my door speakers, but just changing them would keep an 8 ohm load.

Would I get a stronger and/or cleaner signal if I by-passed the tweeters and just ran power to a quality 2 way or 3 way door speaker?

Does anyone know the easiest place to access the speaker wire before the tweeter? Does anyone know what color the wires are for left and right?

Thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
This should help:

I want to say that they are actually in parallel with one another but I dont recall individual speaker impedance and total impedance at the headunit...you can very easily pop the dash speaker cover off and take some resistance readings if needed. One thing that may appear different in this is lack of USB hookup (since this is for '07-'09) but everything else should be correct.

-Wes

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bro, I appreciate it. The dash speaker grille just pops straight up?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah, it just pops straight off. I use a set of nylon panel tools to pry it up and also put a rag in between the tool and dash to prevent marring.

-Wes

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Wes, got them off and disconnected and new speakers installed today. Its amazing how crappy the stock speakers are.... the magnet couldn't even hold up one of the screws!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts