Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Tundra 4.7 50,089 miles

Looking to improve fuel mileages? Looking into cold air intake? Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Might as well save the money and wait for repairs.

Maybe a new air filter, but no (real) need for a CAI.

-rockstate

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
hahah another person thinking they are going to get better mpgs out of a tank...like those engineers who get paid the big bucks to meet EPA requirements and have the most fuel effecient combination they can possibly make in this truck havent already done all there is to do...

tell ya what...go to ebay and get ya one of them magic chips and some gas treatment and one of them fuel catalyst things and all that other crap people belive in......:)

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
The only way you'll improve you mileage with mods is from having less weight in your wallet to haul around. :eek:
A lighter right foot gets the best results. :tu:

·
Registered
820 Posts
You bought a 4.7 that should be enough gas mileage. Just save your money and enjoy your truck. You will not get your money back out of any MPG saving product.

·
Registered
228 Posts
They are a hard bunch to play to..............but I got 21 from tampa to Jax, sunday I had to drive slooooow because of the flood on I4 & I95

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have added black step bars, 20% tint all around, X-liner (soon),
Stainless steel gear shift, going to add K&N filter. Looking into getting exhaust systems. I have a shop here in town that bents the pipes and you just have to buy the pipes.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Barney must have had a good day today, because normally he would have told you to search. This question has come up many, many times. You need a really, really light foot to get anything approaching decent mileage. With a full tank of gas and a passenger or two, you're at 3 tons. That takes juice to move

in a nutshell you can expect
14-15 in traffic.
17 or so on a long run 75-80 mph.
A tad over 20 on a long run if you STICK to 65 all the way on cruise.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I had intake and exhaust on my last truck. It sounded like a beast but didn't do any better for a mileage. I also beat on it harder when I realized how awesome it sounded. On this truck, I have ranged from 18.7 mpg all highway with the cruise set at 63-64 mph to high 16s with lead-footed highway driving at over 75. And under 16 mph highway if I drive it like I stole it and cruise at over 85. The 18.7 mpg didn't cost a thing, and I didn't have to wait several months or a couple years for the fuel savings to pay for the mod before I started seeing actual money come back into my pocket.

Of course I only got it once because I only drove the truck like that once. I have a 5.7. Blowing by sports sedans like they aren't moving in a 6000 pound 4x4 crew cab is way too much fun for me to be puttering trying to turn horrible fuel mileage into only really bad fuel mileage.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
You bought a 4.7 that should be enough gas mileage. Just save your money and enjoy your truck. You will not get your money back out of any MPG saving product.
us 4.7 guys actually get a tad less than u bigger motor peeps...

·
Marine Veteran
826 Posts
Well, welcome to the forum first of all! Secondly, it's nothing if there aren't any pics!

Congrats on the buy and early mods and good luck on future ones.

Oh and as a reminder, the easiest way to get help here is to send a case of beer to each forum member's address. Honestly, we all had to do it, it's your turn now...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts