Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay been hanging around for a while. I bought a new 2010 Tundra SR5 Crew max with the 5.7. Lovin it. Except for one thing. That damn annoying seatbelt dinger thing. In my line of work Im in and out a lot. I do use my seatbelt when driving but am buckling and unbuckling a lot and that thing is drivin me nutz. My GMC allowed you to remove that function from the program.

Peace yall
Moon

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
you can get a dealer to program...some want to charge some won't. i got used to mine..it only dings for a little bit then quits...just really annoying like at the lake when you pull up the ramp or from the lot to the ramp etc...at least it doesnt do it when backing..that would suckage major

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks BF I have to take it in next week for the oil change. Ill see if they will do it for me. Does anyone know if it just an old school buzzer so to say? If it is removed, will anything else be effected?

Again thanks
Moon

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Thanks BF I have to take it in next week for the oil change. Ill see if they will do it for me. Does anyone know if it just an old school buzzer so to say? If it is removed, will anything else be effected?

Again thanks
Moon
theres tons of threads on the seatbelt warning/chime/elimination already...heck there probally is something in the sticky section about it...but for something a dealer can just undo on a new truck, just have them reprogram it if they will...some wont though claiming "liability" issues or whatever BS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts