Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new here posting but have been reading for a while, i just bought an 05 Sequoia and had a question. I owned a 99 4 runner before this new one and i ran 31 BFG ATs on it and I got a great ride and even at 70k on the tires you could hardly tell they weren't new. I am in the market for something a little larger than the ones that came stock on the 16 inch rims. Any suggestions as to what size you can put on the 16 inch rims without rubbing or without a lift? I will be doing a lot of local driving, some trips to Florida and will be using it a lot during hunting season in a lot of mud and snow. I have read about the toyo's and BFG but wanted to know what size I could get away with. The vehicle is a lot larger than my 4runner but I would still like to get through some of the areas I hunt in that require a little additional height but also want a nice ride. any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Hello,
I am new here posting but have been reading for a while, i just bought an 05 Sequoia and had a question. I owned a 99 4 runner before this new one and i ran 31 BFG ATs on it and I got a great ride and even at 70k on the tires you could hardly tell they weren't new. I am in the market for something a little larger than the ones that came stock on the 16 inch rims. Any suggestions as to what size you can put on the 16 inch rims without rubbing or without a lift? I will be doing a lot of local driving, some trips to Florida and will be using it a lot during hunting season in a lot of mud and snow. I have read about the toyo's and BFG but wanted to know what size I could get away with. The vehicle is a lot larger than my 4runner but I would still like to get through some of the areas I hunt in that require a little additional height but also want a nice ride. any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Are you sure you have 16's?? I thought all Sequoia in 2005 had 17's? Johnnny

·
Registered
189 Posts
My 05 has 16s. The size it comes with (2657016) is about the biggest you can get away with. At my work we put 2657017s which is equal to 2657516s but the slight difference in size is almost not worth taking the chance of rubbing.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The 2657017s did not rub so the 2657516s shouldn't but for that little height difference I would have to be 100% positive that it wouldn't. Someone else will chime in or just search the size in this forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts