Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, New to the sight. I have been driving toyota's for over 25 years...love them ! I have a 1984 truck that has been my everyday driver. It has over 240000 miles and never a trans problem. I change the oil and filter and drain the trans fluid every 5000 miles. The trans fluid is always clean. I do the same thing with my 2000 tundra. I always change the automatic fluid at the 5000 mile oil change and never have had a trans problem. I want to buy the new tundra with towing package, trd off road, with 5.7 engine with 6 speed automatic trans. My question is how can I drain the automatic trans fluid and top it off every oil change with no dip stick in the new trans. They have a test plug next to the drain plug. I dont understand why toyota did this. I do like to service my own truck...cant trust others to do it...just the way I am. Can anyone help? thanks in advance. Danny

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi folks, New to the sight. I have been driving toyota's for over 25 years...love them ! I have a 1984 truck that has been my everyday driver. It has over 240000 miles and never a trans problem. I change the oil and filter and drain the trans fluid every 5000 miles. The trans fluid is always clean. I do the same thing with my 2000 tundra. I always change the automatic fluid at the 5000 mile oil change and never have had a trans problem. I want to buy the new tundra with towing package, trd off road, with 5.7 engine with 6 speed automatic trans. My question is how can I drain the automatic trans fluid and top it off every oil change with no dip stick in the new trans. They have a test plug next to the drain plug. I dont understand why toyota did this. I do like to service my own truck...cant trust others to do it...just the way I am. Can anyone help? thanks in advance. Danny
Here ya go, hope this helps...... http://home.comcast.net/~g3g/ab60e2.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts