Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my old system Kicker CVT 12s, Crunch 1400.2 & 1400.4, optima battery in front. Alpine components.

Here's my new system: 2 Kicker dual 4ohm CVR 12" subs, 2 sets of Kicker KS652 components, Kicker 1000.1 & 350.4 amps, 2 Stinger 1 farad capacitors & 2 optima batteries 1 front & 1 rear.

usually there's a single seat behind the passenger seat but we had a dog rescue event last night so when I need to take a dog with me, I just take out that seat and throw their bed in like this

·
Registered
819 Posts
It looks like that thing SLAMZ! I took the seats out of my old dakota extended cab and had 2 L7 subs. That system hit so hard it shook your vision.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
please tell me u were taking a nap in the truck and you really arent one of those who attempts to drive with the seat reclined back like that???

oh and looks like boom is what u wanted and what ya got hahaha. i personally like my back seat :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like that thing SLAMZ! I took the seats out of my old dakota extended cab and had 2 L7 subs. That system hit so hard it shook your vision.
There's nothing like having banging system huh? a buddy of mine had 2 L7s in his chevy caprice and they were trunk killers!

please tell me u were taking a nap in the truck and you really arent one of those who attempts to drive with the seat reclined back like that???

oh and looks like boom is what u wanted and what ya got hahaha. i personally like my back seat :)
I'm sure i'm the type of person you ride by and shake your head at, loud music, pitbulls hanging out the window or window tint so dark you can't see inside the windshield. And yep, my seat is set to what's comfortable for me...after driving tractor trailers all day with stationary seats I like to be relaxed when I get in my ride.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I personally don't question removing the back seat in the name of car audio :D I wouldn't do it myself, but sometimes it's worth it! Can't wait to do another system in my new Crewmax! Although it seems like your setup is aimed more toward SPL, I'm somewhat of an SQ-phile :) I like what you did with the amp rack. I'm partial to sub boxes with a bit of style. Here's mine! http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/audio-and-stereo/121864-my-system-install-complete-56k-beware/

I did notice in your other thread that you mentioned something about "people turning their heads" in response to your bass. While I respect your right to enjoy the nice system you've built, please try to be mindful of where you pump up the volume or the bass. I live near a stop sign, so sometimes I am practically a captive in my home when I am trying to relax and have to hear someone's crappy bass and their rattling trunk with no sound deadening!!! The bass alone is bad enough...

FWIW, I'd never shake my head at someone because they recline their seat and not because of their taste in pets. :) However, I do shake my head in disappointment when someone is booming at a traffic light or in a residential area. It's not fair to the people that are forced to be around the vehicle that's making way too much noise, and it makes people resent the wonderful pursuit of car audio - which directly affects me and other music lovers.

If we would all just be respectful of others in the right situations, there would be no need for noise regulations! :) I'm sure this doesn't describe you, I am just venting.

P.S. You must be crazy going for the black interior AND carting around pups!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I put a mild system in my crewmax and it sounds great. I turn it down when I come to a red light, so I dont piss people off. I also turn it down when turning in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I personally don't question removing the back seat in the name of car audio :D I wouldn't do it myself, but sometimes it's worth it! Can't wait to do another system in my new Crewmax! Although it seems like your setup is aimed more toward SPL, I'm somewhat of an SQ-phile :) I like what you did with the amp rack. I'm partial to sub boxes with a bit of style. Here's mine! http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/audio-and-stereo/121864-my-system-install-complete-56k-beware/

I did notice in your other thread that you mentioned something about "people turning their heads" in response to your bass. While I respect your right to enjoy the nice system you've built, please try to be mindful of where you pump up the volume or the bass. I live near a stop sign, so sometimes I am practically a captive in my home when I am trying to relax and have to hear someone's crappy bass and their rattling trunk with no sound deadening!!! The bass alone is bad enough...

FWIW, I'd never shake my head at someone because they recline their seat and not because of their taste in pets. :) However, I do shake my head in disappointment when someone is booming at a traffic light or in a residential area. It's not fair to the people that are forced to be around the vehicle that's making way too much noise, and it makes people resent the wonderful pursuit of car audio - which directly affects me and other music lovers.

If we would all just be respectful of others in the right situations, there would be no need for noise regulations! :) I'm sure this doesn't describe you, I am just venting.

i'll shake my head. reclinging and doing the "lean back" makes it much harder to control a vehicle in evasive manuevers, decreases the ability of a seatbelt and airbag to do their job too. we see thugs all the time slide under their seatbelts in big collisions... but hey...as long as i am not sharing a road with you, then go ahead and lay down while driving. :) i prefer to sit upright and proper, the way it was designed.

but third does have a point...i too was a kid once that thought bassin at red lights and such was cool...not anymore. plus it also keeps you and others around from hearing emergency vehicles when we come flyin up behind you...which is a pet peeve of mine...never know what we are going to..might be going to your family....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I remember your thread, it turned out nice. I didn't think of posting pics of my sound deadening but I guess if you seen one, you seen the all. This box was made for SPL, I did sound competition in my Ford Expedition a few years back but it gets to be expensive. lol

The head turning was not aimed at the music but more at my dogs hanging out the windows or my seat being reclined or my favorite, pleople blowing their horn behind me because i'm not speeding like they are so they pull up on side of me to curse me but the tint is to dark for them to see me so they shoot me the finger and blow their horn and that's when I blow the train horns and it startles them and pisses them off more lol. I dont blare my music in residential areas, and if I do the windows are up. I dont want to disrespect anyone and i'm sorry you have that going on at your home.

I put a mild system in my crewmax and it sounds great. I turn it down when I come to a red light, so I dont piss people off. I also turn it down when turning in the neighborhood.
same here

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
The head turning was not aimed at the music but more at my dogs hanging out the windows or my seat being reclined or my favorite, pleople blowing their horn behind me because i'm not speeding like they are so they pull up on side of me to curse me but the tint is to dark for them to see me so they shoot me the finger and blow their horn and that's when I blow the train horns and it startles them and pisses them off more lol.
haha are you sure you don't live in New Jersey? :crazy3d:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, naw but FL has some rude MFs! I had an older lady blowing her horn and yelling at me, so I lowered the window to see what she wanted. She b*tched me out because my rims were to shiny and it should be against the law because it's a safety hazard and she didn't know why "us type people" insist on getting rims that big.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts