Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Light Mods!! (updated pics)

Here are the two mods I've spent the last week working on...sorry for the crappy pictures...but I suck at that...

First is the fog light mod...great mod just look cool and is pretty simple...

Here is the other mod...it's the bedlight mod...IT IS SO FREAKING AWESOME...I can't believe I took so long to do this one, its gonna be great to have some light back there...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love the bed lights!!! Like everyone else, I can't imagine why toyota would not put cargo lights on their trucks. Where did you get the TRD Sport decal on the windshield?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
mind putting some pics in your gallery.

3 party sites blocked by my server from work.

cardomain, flicker, pbase, photobucket. etc.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love the bed lights!!! Like everyone else, I can't imagine why toyota would not put cargo lights on their trucks. Where did you get the TRD Sport decal on the windshield?
The sport decal was made by a friend of mine...he owns Underground GRFX he mostly does performance cars...but I happen to hang with that crowd back home so he made it for me.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Really like the bed lights. I've been looking for the right lights to use. What type/name lights did you use? Thanks, Kelly

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really like the bed lights. I've been looking for the right lights to use. What type/name lights did you use? Thanks, Kelly
I bought the crappiest foglights they had at autozone 20 bucks for the lights another 10-15 in wire and connectors and thats all

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did both of these mods too. I used PIAA 1500 back up lights for my bed light mod. Check out my link

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
nice! i think i gotta coppy that one. :tu: :tu: :tu:

and thanks for postin the pics in your gallery so could enjoy them too. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I liked this idea so I followed suit. Found some cheap fog lights at Autozone for $20 and wired em up. When I say cheap, I mean CHEAP. Blew 4 fuses before I figured out the light was shorting internally. Taped it up and good to go. They put out a rediculous amount of light. Was hoping to figure out a way to mount them such that I could flip them over to light the outside when camping and such, but I gave up on that for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was going to do this mod also, just waiting for enough time.

My thought was to use licence plate lights, they would give off just enough light to see the bed and they would be directional so I could aim them down the bed.

That and they are cheap!

My two cents..

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I need to take some daylight pics so you can see...bu mine are mounted inside the cubby holes and are definately protected...disadvantage is they aim towards the tailgate but there is enough reflective light to make it work just fine, they will be great when my bed cover gets here next week

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes it's possible to make them flush. I actually mounted one recessed first but I didn't like that it cut off the edges of the light beam. Also, with the pivot mount on fog lights like these, if it gets hit with cargo it will rotate back into the pocket rather than taking the impact. I wanted a lot of light so it wouldn't matter where it was pointed and I think these accomplish that pretty well. There's lots of room in those pockets to do what you want and wiring is pretty easy. I grounded both of them to the frame bolts holding the spare tire rack.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here are the daylight pictures of mine installed...and a shot of the super sweet tailgate switch i finally put in...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would like to place fog/running lights in the blanks of my '06 Tacoma. I am fairly good at following directions but a little leary of hosingf something up ... any suggestions .... your picutures look great!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts