Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to post some pics of my new look for you guys to check out. I have had a couple people requesting pics of this setup. These are Nitto Trail Graps 295/70R18 with XD Monster 18x9 +18 offset with a Truxxx 3/1.

Yes I know - I need to update my signature!

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Looks great! Can not wait to get my monsters and BF All Terrains. Hopefully in a few months.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Looks great. Can't go wrong with white.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Nice!

It's alot easier to notice on your white (can really see it in the last pic), but there's something you can do to clean up the look alot! I did it on my '07 DC in Silver.

Under the doors, from the side profile, you can see where the sheetmetal bolts to the frame. With my '07, I sprayed that whole lip-area with Rustoleoum flat-black so it "blended" in with the rest of the frame & undercarraige. This is only like a 5 minute process, just clean it, tape it to protect your door paint, and spray that bottom "over-hung" area.

The truck will look so much "cleaner" if you know what I mean :confused:

Here's a really crude "paint-shop" drawing to show ya what I mean... Keep in mind that it will be SO MUCH LESS pronounced of a color difference in real-life, you just won't see that flange with the bolts:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Registered
58 Posts
zero, i just want to thank you for making my decision a whole lot easier.....I was stuck between 18's and 20's, but i am now convinced, I'm going with 18's. Your truck is sick my friend

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I think the 18"s look great and those tires are the best looking M/T's out there.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
lookin fab bro... May i recommend considering a set of black pocket style bushwackers; that will transform your truck into a total beast (not that it isn't already - just a step further ;)

Good Job

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Looking SICK! Great mods! Points sent.......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for all the compliments!

krewitup13, my local shop was able to beat any price I found on the internet without me even having to ask them. I don't have the invoice close by but I will post again when I do.

popo2239, I see what you are talking about. I am getting some n-fabs soon, do you think this will not be as noticeable?

VX_R-V8, I thought about the bushwackers as well... I may have to photoshop some on and see what it looks like.

Thanks again for all the compliments. I am loving the new look myself!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Great idea popo - I have noticed that lip and its one of those things "once you see you can't unsee". The n-fabs don't cover it... I'll be painting mine. I've got some black bbq grill paint at the house that will work just fine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Like the look of those rims on your truck and you've integrated everything well like it came from the factory that way or should have, awesome work!!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
popo2239, I see what you are talking about. I am getting some n-fabs soon, do you think this will not be as noticeable?
The n-fabs do tuck up closer to the cab than my standard 3" bars, but as miked1978 said, you'll still see the lip. I don't notice it as much on my Pyrite (darker colors :doh:) but its still something I need to get done. Make sure that if you're gonna do it, do it b4 you get the step-bars on. I put my bars on before I remembered to paint that, so now I'm too lazy to work around the bars ;)

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i for one am leaving the lip the way it is....painting it will likely not hold up well being rattle canned vs stock paint since it sees alot of debris down there....and also thats just one of those areas i look at to see if a car/truck is original or repainted etc...and to me spray painting it is gonna make it look shoddy...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i for one am leaving the lip the way it is....painting it will likely not hold up well being rattle canned vs stock paint since it sees alot of debris down there....and also thats just one of those areas i look at to see if a car/truck is original or repainted etc...and to me spray painting it is gonna make it look shoddy...
I did a pretty decent photoshop mock up and I think it almost looks better white. I am going to wait until I can put at least one n-fab on and see what that looks like. I just think it will take your eyes off the lip and it wont be as noticeable.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
i for one am leaving the lip the way it is....1) painting it will likely not hold up well being rattle canned vs stock paint since it sees alot of debris down there.... and also thats just one of those areas i look at to see if a car/truck is original or repainted etc.. 2) and to me spray painting it is gonna make it look shoddy...
1) Even if it doesn't hold up, no worries... just re-do it, it's not like it's a "show-piece" of the truck. Whether it's rattle can, painted by a brush, or done by a professional really doesn't matter in my opinion. I feel it was an oversight by Toyota anyhow... they shouldn't have released the truck with that lip & bolts exposed; looks unfinished to me.

2) When I taped the area to paint, I taped it "under" the curved lip of the floor... hard to explain, but easy if you're looking at it. Anyhow, it's not gonna look "shoddy" because it will blend in with the rest of the frame. Here's an old pic of my '07 from the side after I painted it. It's a bit far, since I was just taking a pic of the side, not specifically for the bottom area. Anyhow, notice in the pic how the bottom area "blends" into the undercarriage.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts