Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2002 Sequoia at the end of last year and when we tried to use the AC this spring the air was not cool and the AC light would blink. I brought it to my Toyota dealership and was quoted $2400 to fix the AC system. I have read enough of past postings to know this is a common problem for the 2002 but I would like to know the best way to fix it. The dealership wants to replace everything because they don’t want to mess around with flushing the system to remove the metal and doesn’t want the possibility of future problems if they don’t get everything. This is fine but it obviously comes with a big price. Has anyone had good success with flushing the system and not replacing everything? Is it worth trying to flush the system or is it just best to pay the money and replace everything?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not found anything elsewhere and I took it to a few other shops with roughly the same cost because it requires a lot of Toyota parts. I brought it to the dealership today - after much discussion they are giving me 15% off parts and labor.
I don't know how much concession the dealership made for a truck out of warranty with 94,000 miles, but I took what I could get. It's going to cost me $2000 for a repair I didn't expect from a Toyota. I should have done more homework before buying the 2002 model year!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Was this related to the A/C problems early on? I know my buddy's '01 compressor croaked at the 3.5-4 year point, and an expensive (and so far only) repair for him.

Z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts