Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my 05 FORD 150 last night with only 21,000 miles, had it with all the problems like steering wheel shimmy no resolve,new tranny,ball joints,rear axle seal,power steering pump,worn tires at 11,000 miles,frozen rear caliper/warped rotors,lower engine knock and I never beat on my trucks and never tow anything....anyway enough of that I'm not here to bash Ford products many people have good luck with them..This Toyota(my first) is in my opinion in a different league..the 5.7 is fantastic I had two dodge trucks with Hemi engines a 3/4 ton and a 1/2 ton but the Toyota 5.7 has more to give. I have the off road package so I'm gonna have to get used to the slightly tighter ride over the Ford but it does corner much much better....Just wanted to say hello and I'm smiling again! . 2007, SR5,TRD package,DC,5.7,center console shifter,cold kit....WOW what a ride, now for accessories?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Re: New member 2007/DC/TRD off road

Just traded my 05 FORD 150 last night with only 21,000 miles, had it with all the problems like steering wheel shimmy no resolve,new tranny,ball joints,rear axle seal,power steering pump,worn tires at 11,000 miles,frozen rear caliper/warped rotors,lower engine knock and I never beat on my trucks and never tow anything....anyway enough of that I'm not here to bash Ford products many people have good luck with them..This Toyota(my first) is in my opinion in a different league..the 5.7 is fantastic I had two dodge trucks with Hemi engines a 3/4 ton and a 1/2 ton but the Toyota 5.7 has more to give. I have the off road package so I'm gonna have to get used to the slightly tighter ride over the Ford but it does corner much much better....Just wanted to say hello and I'm smiling again! . 2007, SR5,TRD package,DC,5.7,center console shifter,cold kit....WOW what a ride, now for accessories?
Welcome!! Your face is going to hurt with that perpetual smile everytime you drive your Tundra. It's owners like you that Toyota needs a lot more off. Owners who are sick and tired of dealing with all the problems on domestic Trucks.

Good luck with your DC:tu:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just traded my 05 FORD 150 last night with only 21,000 miles, had it with all the problems like steering wheel shimmy no resolve,new tranny,ball joints,rear axle seal,power steering pump,worn tires at 11,000 miles,frozen rear caliper/warped rotors,lower engine knock and I never beat on my trucks and never tow anything.quote]

Congrats Zeke!! I actually considered an F150 when I bought my Tundra, always liked the way they looked. Guess its a good thing I didn't buy one!!
Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone... I'm relieved to be here rather than on the ford forum complaining and whining all the time that was not much fun... I'm going for the chrome side steps and liner and hopefully I want to find a pair of chrome door handles ...the more I drive this truck I'm that much more blown away and that combined with the build quality reassures me I made the right move.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Congrats Zeke! Happy for ya. I traded in my 2500HD Silverado, and never looked back. Toyota is in a league all its own when it comes to quality. Darn Chevy spent more time getting fixed than I did driving it.

Enjoy, and try and put up some pics if you have time.

Take care,

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts