Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. As the title says I'm a new member and almost a new owner of a 2010 CM. I've had Tundra truck envy since the 2nd gen came out and am finally close to sealing the deal hopefully by this weekend. No paperwork has been signed but what I have on the table is a new Pyrite Mica CM 5.7 4x4 with the following options.

• (CK) Cold Weather Package - includes heavy-duty battery and heavy-duty starter, windshield wiper de-icer grid with timer and front and rear mudguards.
  • (EJ) JBL® AM/FM/MP3 6-disc CD changer, integrated satellite radio [1] with 3-month free subscription to XM Satellite Radio [1], aux/USB input with iPod® [2] connectivity, hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth® [3], steering wheel audio controls and 12 speakers with subwoofer (10 speakers on Double Cab)
  • (FE) 50 state emissions
  • (HM) Outside mirrors-power, heated, black
  • (MN) Back-up monitor in rear view mirror
  • (OF) TRD Off-Road Package: Off-road-tuned Suspension, Bilstein Shocks, Unique 18" Alloy Wheels with P275/65R18 BF Goodrich Tires, Fog Lamps, Fuel Tank Skid Plate, SR5 Badging, TRD Offroad Package Graphics, Tow Package: Increases Max Tow Capacity to 10,100 lbs. 1,575 lbs. Payload Capacity. Hitch Receiver, Supplemental Transmission Cooler, 4.30 Rear Differential with 10.5" Ring Gear, 150A Alternator, Transmission Temperature Gauge, 7 Pin Connector, Trailer Brake Controller Prewire
  • (PE) Cloth-trimmed bucket seats with 8-way manual adjustable driver's and 4-way adjustable passenger seats
  • (RL) Daytime running lights
  • (SR) Power tilt/slide moonroof with sunshade
  • (SO) Front and Rear Sonar
  • (HR) TRD rear sway bar
Also has an alarm system (PN) ? Anyways, the dealer is going to sell it to me for invoice, less 1500 rebate, 0% financing and the 2 year maintenance program. 36k and change. which seams like a decent deal to me. MSRP is 41k and change. As long as there are no last minute dealer shenanigans I hope to pick it up this weekend. The only pressing things that I want for the truck off the bat are floor mats and the deck rail system w/ the cargo divider. I've thought about a DIY clear bra but have no experience with them anyone with some input ? I'm trying not to get too excited till it's in the driveway, but it's sooo flipping hard not too !

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Sounds like a nicely optioned truck. Should make you very happy...until you catch the mod bug disease that is. Welcom to TS!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
until you catch the mod bug disease that is

Thanks mhollak! That is what I am afraid of...

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Sounds familiar... :cool: Damn good choice! Post pics when you get it

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Sweeeeet. Start with Line-X, some chrome running boards, ventashades, bugflector. That's just the basics, the cost of admission, what it takes just to say hello. Then we can get serious. Call us when you're ready. :D

·
Registered
916 Posts
Sounds nice and like a good deal to me. Is Toyota selling floor mats again for the Tundra? I just got a recall notice about floormats in the mail yesterday. I am waiting for them to offer the all weathers again. Then again, I hear good things about some of the aftermarket mats and liners..... if you are thinking of going the all weather route.

I contacted my local 3M dealer about getting a clear bra. They sell it as a whole kit, front bumper, headlights, front corner of the fenders and hood for $450 or so. I'm sure its a great product, but a little pricey for me right now.... especially when I can get a decent bug guard for $60! Where have you seen a DIY kit? I might take a stab at it if the price is right!!!

Enjoy your truck, I love mine!! Its not perfect, but its pretty dang great!!!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Hey spoon... do a search on ebay, and you'll find a bunch of kits for the Tundra. From what I've heard, stay away from the cheap "fake" 3M bras... I've seen full 3M kits for our trucks for about $160. I still need to get my truck in for window tinting, so I'm thinking that I'll pickup the 3M kit from ebay, and have them install it when they do the windows (same install process).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks popo, I will. Good info on the 3M bra. I'll check it out.

Lol bigmoney, I'll be sure to call ! Linex is definitley on the list. Don't know if I'll put running boards on or not. Time will tell.

Spoon, I was thinking the all weather route but I've heard mixed reviews on them. I'll probably go carpet for now and throw them out when they are done. Does anyone know what online site offers the most consistent deals on Tundra accessories ? I'm thinking of ordering a few things and I don't even have the truck yet. Is that a bad sign ?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Congrats on the new truck!! I hope it does well for you when it arrives!! I've had first-hand experience doing the 3M clear bra install on every part of the front of the truck as well as the bottom 12" of the sides... hands down you'll LOVE this mod, makes cleaning the truck practically problem-free (easier than my wife's Accord). But you should know that this was also a major nerve-wracking experience... no room for errors. You need a clean garage to work in, and basically an open schedule. Make sure you have at least 3 to 4 hours of uninterrupted time to do this... it won't take you that long, but trust me, you don't want to be rushed or stressed while doing this. Once done, I'm sure you'll be happy with the results! Let me know if you have any questions and welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks awesome ! Good info in the 3M clear bra. Can I ask where you got yours ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Marky Mark ! Suppose to seal the deal on Saturday. The next 36 hours are gonna be rough ! I did get to sit in it today just before they closed, fired up the engine and checked things out, WOW ! makes my 03 4Runner seem tiny in comparison.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its all downhill from here then. Prepare to spend what you saved from invoice in mods to the truck. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts