Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just agreed to a deal on a Limited 2007 DoubleCab 5.7L 4x4 that I can hopefully pick up tomorrow or the next day.
My first plan is to refinish the silver on the dash to a gloss black that matches the stereo and HVAC surround. I've been able to find some pictures of folks that have already done this by searching Google, but I'm just wondering if anyone has written a DIY step-by-step tutorial on the tear down of the dash.
Any help would be appreciated!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Good luck - we're all gonna bug you for pics, so make sure you post some

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after driving the truck for a while, I'm wondering if the silver will even bug me enough to risk screwing up on a paint job. Are the only available dash overlay kits woodgrain? I've seen sort of a granite/marble looking dark grey in a vehicle interior before that I would consider instead of painting, but I'm not a fan of carbon fibre unless it's real.

As for a step-by-step tear-down tutorial, there's a video on YouTube showing how to do a headunit swap and it looks pretty straight forward. Unfortunately, my Limited doesn't have the Navi system, so I might have to consider that as well :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I have the graphite overlay on my truck dash. Take a look at my images. I don't know how to tell you how to get there but I have pictures of this in my album if that is what it is called? Not sure and not very computer knowledgable. I hope that helps you decide. Good luck.

·
Registered
753 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I bought an OEM navigation system. Can't wait to get it installed! I posted another thread, but does anyone have the iPod integration accessory for the navi system? I'm not happy with the way it works on a regular JBL headunit and am interested in knowing if the interface is any more user friendly through the navi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts