Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to me Tacoma owner as of yesterday. Traded an '05 Jeep wrangler that was fix one problem, two new problems would spring up. Found this '03 Tacoma one owner that was traded for a new cadillac. A buddy at the dealership hooked me up with it and one day into it, I love it.

There is no owners manual however and I have a question. The bottom picture, what is this button for and what does it do ? I suspect the middle picture is self explanatory in that it locks the rear axles together for added traction. Top pic is of my little ride....

Thanks !!! Rick

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Hey Rick, Welcome to TS and congrats your 'new' Tacoma! Looks like a nice clean truck. :tu:

You posted this is the Tacoma forum, which makes sense but it's for the newer (2005+) trucks. You'll get better info in the 1Gen-Tacoma forum.

You're right about the diff lock -- it's part of the TRD OffRoad package. If it's the same as '05+, it only works in 4Lo (and only at very low speeds) unless you do the grey wire mod.

I had to look up the button in the bottom pic. Here's a thread that explains it:
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/engine-and-drivetrain/32295-tacoma-ect-electronic-controlled-transmission/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers and sorry for the wrong Tacoma forum, did not know there were 1st and 2nd gen's.... I'll be over there from now on....:confused: THANKS FOR THE HELP THOUGH !!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts