Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, just got back from doing a road trip. Yakima WA to Yuma AZ. Lets just say I love my truck. My question is this. I have a 2005 toyota tundra access cab v8 auto. I am a fairly smart person and some what mechanical. So, I was looking for the transmission dip stick and their is none. I was told by the dealer that their is not one. They say you change the the fluid at 100k. Is their any truth to this any problem with this. It some what bothers me for some reason. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
576 Posts
So, just got back from doing a road trip. Yakima WA to Yuma AZ. Lets just say I love my truck. My question is this. I have a 2005 toyota tundra access cab v8 auto. I am a fairly smart person and some what mechanical. So, I was looking for the transmission dip stick and their is none. I was told by the dealer that their is not one. They say you change the the fluid at 100k. Is their any truth to this any problem with this. It some what bothers me for some reason. Any help would be great.
True there is no dip stick for the Trans. Only a problem if you have a slow leak.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
yep its a cost saving move probably.
But the good part is its a Toyota and you generaly don't have to open the hood between oil changes.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm not worried, if my trans goes because of low fluid, Toyota can't deny a warranty repair...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.