Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a new member (been lurking for a couple weeks) and recently purchased a new 2007 Sequoia Limited. I had a 2004 4Runner Limited, but our family out grew it...needed that 3rd row!

I opted for the rear entertainment/DVD system and not the NAV system.

Here are my audio/entertainment system questions:
a)I'd like to incorporate my iPod into this system. Is this possible with the factory deck unit? Any recommendations/suggestions are greatly appreciated!
b)If I decide to go with an aftermarket deck that will incorporate the iPod, will I loose the ability to route the DVD player sound through the factory speakers? Will I loose the controls in the steering wheel?

Although I love having the rear DVD system for my kids, when they are listening to a movie with the wireless headphones on, I'm left in a total silence (except for road noise), if I choose not to listen to their movie (really don't want to listen to Harry Potter for the 50th time). Is there a way (OEM or aftermarket) to allow my kids to listen to their movie via the wireless headphones and allow me to listen to my music (hopefully from the iPod)?

Thank you in advance for any comments/suggestions/recommendations! I've spent hours trying to research this and just haven't come up with any clear answers.

Nicole Kat

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Hi all,

I'm a new member (been lurking for a couple weeks) and recently purchased a new 2007 Sequoia Limited. I had a 2004 4Runner Limited, but our family out grew it...needed that 3rd row!

a)I'd like to incorporate my iPod into this system. Is this possible with the factory deck unit? Any recommendations/suggestions are greatly appreciated!
b)If I decide to go with an aftermarket deck that will incorporate the iPod, will I loose the ability to route the DVD player sound through the factory speakers? Will I loose the controls in the steering wheel?

Although I love having the rear DVD system for my kids, when they are listening to a movie with the wireless headphones on, I'm left in a total silence (except for road noise), if I choose not to listen to their movie (really don't want to listen to Harry Potter for the 50th time). Is there a way (OEM or aftermarket) to allow my kids to listen to their movie via the wireless headphones and allow me to listen to my music (hopefully from the iPod)?

Thank you in advance for any comments/suggestions/recommendations! I've spent hours trying to research this and just haven't come up with any clear answers.

Nicole Kat

Hey, I have everything you are looking for in my "2005" Sequoia and then some. You can do everything you want BUT you are going to have to find a local car audio shop that know's what they are doing. I have a Pioneer flip out Nav. Unit hooked up to my RSE system and I also am able to use my wheel controls to control it. Pioneer has come out with a NEW unit since I got mine and if I where to do it all over again I would go with the newer one, this one here:http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/sequoia/89485-check-out-pioneers-new-navagation-unit/. It has plenty of bells and whistles and well worth the money they want for it! You are able to hook up an iPod to it and I even think there is a built in hard drive option on that new Pioneer unit. In my truck besides the OEM RSE system I also put in two head rest screens with wireless headphones just like the OEM RSE system. So, In my truck you can watch up to 4 different DVD's at the same time with a headphone for each, or you can all listen to and watch the same thing over the wireless head sets or door speakers. I have my iPod in my center console and there is no reason to ever take it out unless I bring it in to install new cd's because all the iPod controls are on the Pioneer's main touch screen. So, With out going on and on about all the other reason's and bells and whistles like back up camera and stuff I guess my opinion is to go with Pioneer and a local car audio shop that knows what they are doing. :D Johnnnnny :D

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Hi all,

Nicole Kat

Hey, I have everything you are looking for in my "2005" Sequoia and then some. You can do everything you want BUT you are going to have to find a local car audio shop that know's what they are doing. I have a Pioneer flip out Nav. Unit hooked up to my RSE system and I also am able to use my wheel controls to control it. Pioneer has come out with a NEW unit since I got mine and if I where to do it all over again I would go with the newer one, this one here:http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/sequoia/89485-check-out-pioneers-new-navagation-unit/. It has plenty of bells and whistles and well worth the money they want for it! You are able to hook up an iPod to it and I even think there is a built in hard drive option on that new Pioneer unit. In my truck besides the OEM RSE system I also put in two head rest screens with wireless headphones just like the OEM RSE system. So, In my truck you can watch up to 4 different DVD's at the same time with a headphone for each, or you can all listen to and watch the same thing over the wireless head sets or door speakers. I have my iPod in my center console and there is no reason to ever take it out unless I bring it in to install new cd's because all the iPod controls are on the Pioneer's main touch screen. So, With out going on and on about all the other reason's and bells and whistles like back up camera and stuff I guess my opinion is to go with Pioneer and a local car audio shop that knows what they are doing. :D Johnnnnny :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Give the manual a quick read on it. You can do everythin independant from the rear system. So you can listen to radio, or cd while they are watching the movie. If they want to listen to radio, or cd they can do that independant from you. So they can listen to a cd in the DVD player or a different radio station than you (the rear has its own tuner). It is all controlled by the remote. They can also hook up a play station or xbox as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts