Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a 06 AC Tundra 2wd 4.7 that I bought after my 99 Tacoma was just not doing it for me anymore.

I love the Tundra and loved the way it handled and how smooth it was. I bought it with 71K miles from 1 owner, serviced at dealer for everything. Solid truck, but I wanted to add the Bilstein 5160/6112 set up for longevity, but also being in school and driving round trip 3 hours with a motorcycle in the bed a few days every week. I wanted the truck to be able to keep up with my spirited driving with the extra load. I have also added Hellwig front and rear Sway bars and put on ICON add a leafs that added 2.5 inches leveled out with 6112 adjustment, but recently took off the add a leaf because they would not stop squeaking and even though I loved having a higher truck the ride quality suffered and realized after searching forums that 1st Gens can have some handling issues from aftermarket parts has made me realize I should probably just go back to stock or a set up for 80-90 mph on the interstate and I 4 in Florida is a nightmare.

Back to the lowest setting and ride quality is a little better, but I am having issues with a lot of rear bounce and steering is all over the place even at low speeds. I've had 3 alignments done and its not working. Also just hit 82K miles so I would assume 11K miles on the new Bilstein's would be a fair break in. I have Michellin LTX tires and they are good and always stay on top of tire pressures. I am looking for wisdom from anyone with thoughts or experience with the same set up. I am at the point where I just want to buy new OEM and sell the kit on Ebay or CL. Should I just go back to OEM because that felt great, but they were getting old. I really am looking for OEM ride quality, but not sure if they can take high speed loads for a long time. Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts