Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking for a while at used Tacos (almost the same price as new), I jumped on the wagon yesterday... I ended up purchasing an 07 Taco DC LB with the TRD package in speedway blue! I also had to spring for the TRD seat covers since I love how they look.

I can't even tell you how excited I am! I'm absolutely loving the truck so far!! I'm sure you guys know the feeling though. When I had it over my parents house, a random guy in an 05 white DC driving by stopped and said, "You're going to love that truck! Mind if i come up to take a look at it?". That was one of the best feelings! Not only were my neighbors drooling over it, but a random stranger was giving me compliments because this was the color he wanted but couldn't find.

Anyway... just saying hi! I'm sure I'll be around here since I'll want to do some upgrades in the future.

The few negatives I've experienced so far are the LB makes this thing massively long. I'm having a hard time getting out of tight parking lots. The front end is also extremely hard to get a good feel for how close I am to things. I usually end up parking with 2 feet of space in front of me! The only other thing which I'm sure I'll get use to is the seat height. I don't care for how long it sits. The positives of this truck WAY outdue the negatives though! I think I'm in love again! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congraulation and thank yourself for doing a good deed! Sound like you should be saying "I love what you do for me, Toyota!" I know I am...Now put up some pics:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm already in love with my taco!

First thing I might pick up is a soft cover tonneu cover until I can afford a hard cover. I guess I'll hit up ebay to see what's out there.

I'll post pics up soon. Yesterday I didn't have a digital cam on me and today it's raining. Only difference on mine is the TRD seat covers though, which I really like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I loved the looks of the TRD seat covers. I didn't even see the wet okes. until today. I'm glad I bought the toyotas! Plus I ride jet skis often and get into my truck slightly damp. I'm sure these will add a bit of protection.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome man!! Philly boy I see....send me some cheesesteaks!!:D

Enjoy your truck buddy...I'm lovin' every min of it!! I had one of the first new Taco's here in Hbg...got looks then, and still does every day!! Doesn't hurt that it's loud either....Ha!

I have the "TRD" covers. I went with them because they match my black truck perfect. (lettering matches TRD badging on truck)

The "wetsuit" or rubberlike center panel does cause some back-sweating when the temps go up, but I just get on the gas and get more air blowin around!!

Cheers!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can take all the philly cheesesteaks you want since i think they're just hype! haha

I don't think I'll mind the covers. I've always owned trucks with leather, so I don't think it'll be too bad. Besides, the looks are what count, right?!?

Man... I gotta get out of the city. It's parked in a parking garage. I'd rather be staring at it out of my window while it sits in a driveway!

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Congrats on your new truck... Surely, you must have pics to follow hopefully... As far as seat covers, I'd go with the TRD's... I hear Okole's get pretty hot if left in the sun... And quite possibly, the smell of rubber too..

·
Registered
221 Posts
You can take all the philly cheesesteaks you want since i think they're just hype! haha

Man... I gotta get out of the city. It's parked in a parking garage. I'd rather be staring at it out of my window while it sits in a driveway!
Ya...I had those cheesesteaks....eh...nutin great!

Now here's a sandwich.......Primanti Brothers Restaurant - Pittsburgh's Most Famous Sandwiches

I know what ya mean about the city...I'm in the 'burbs, but looking for some land w/ a trout stream!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stormin- believe me, i plan on taking pictures! i need me a new desktop pic so i can drool over it some more!

streaks- that doesn't look like no sandwich!! i don't know what the hell that thing looks like haha.

·
Registered
447 Posts

I don't think I'll mind the covers. I've always owned trucks with leather, so I don't think it'll be too bad. Besides, the looks are what count, right?!?

yeah man, i feel your pain,as far as living in the city. soon as me and the wifey save some money(or at least pay off our credit cards), well be getting a house and a BIG yard( aka "hunting land":D), because we are in a condo right now, and condo associations suck!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts