Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On June 1st I celebrated 3 years of sobriety so I decided to get myself a little treat. Did I need new wheels? Not really. But what the heck? I saw these and had to have them. 18" by 9" Method Race Wheels in Flat black.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Those are nice wheels. Black fits that color truck so well. I've got the same color in a WT package DB LB. What do those run?

·
Registered
107 Posts
First and foremost congrats on the Sobriety! I'm sure you and your family appreciate your efforts! And Yes and excellent way to reward yourself. Wheels look suuuwheet! Congrats again and keep it up!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats on the Sobriety and let me say those wheels are the BOMB!! SCHWEET

Going shopping for wheels now - damn you :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just searched but couldn't find anything in 5X150 for the Tundra. Did you get the blank and have them drilled yourself?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just searched but couldn't find anything in 5X150 for the Tundra. Did you get the blank and have them drilled yourself?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4 wheel parts ordered them directly from Method and they are on the 4 wheel parts website. I also contacted Jaime at Method Race Wheels and he kept me informed of when they would be in. I am a big fan of companies that respond to emails.

Thanks for the support everyone.

·
Registered
546 Posts
congrats on both the sobriety and the wheels. they are sweet

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sweet looking wheels. If you dont mind what did the whole package cost you? Any discounts? What size tires are you running?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wouldn't have thought I'd like those wheels by just looking at them, bu tyou have nailed it, mi amigo!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Great choice! Looks great! Congrats!

·
Registered
422 Posts
looks great!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Finally received my new Method wheels and had them loaded up with the recent new Nittos. I went with the 18s'
Have to say the wheels look a lot nicer in person than what the pictures reflect.
I cleaned off the back of each wheel and sprayed a clearcoat on them to help in cleaning of brake dust and dirt as only the front face is coated from the factory.
Maybe overkill but I have had previous wheels that look beautiful on the front and you can totally see years of dirt and brake dust through to the back lip...guess that's just my OCD kickin in :)

Attachments

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Looking good! How do you like that size tire? Just thinking for next time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks....I realy like the rim and tire size on the truck.
To me it looks very porportinal...not too big ...not too small.
As the same as everyone else I guess there is a little hit on milage and take off performancebut it is so small that I will gladly live with it :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
To the OP, cangrats on the sobriety, best thing I ever did for myself was to quit drinking, hope it's the same for you as well. Nice wheels, been looking at some v-tech 18x9.5's, your's look great.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
nice wheels and congrats on sobriety ... points sent

1 - 20 of 42 Posts